In order for our Techs to provide help with your Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) issues, we need to collect some logs from your computer. In order to do this, you need to download and run the program below.Click here to download the iHelpForum BSOD Log Collector
Windows XP Users
Note: If you are not running Windows XP, you can ignore this step!
Before you are able to run the program, you must first download and install the .NET Version 4 Framework from Microsoft. Go to this page and click on the large Download button.
If a large popup (below) appears, uncheck all the boxes and click No thanks and continue
Once the download has complete, run dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe and follow the instructions to install the .NET Framework. Once complete, you can continue on to the next steps.Running the iHelpForum BSOD Log Collector
- First of all, download the program by clicking on this link
- Once the program has downloaded, run it. It will ask for Administrator privilleages. Without these, it cannot collect the necessary logs. Click Yes to accept.
- This will open a new window. Click the large Collect Logs button, and wait for the program to complete.
- Once the logs have been collected, there will be a folder name iHelpForum on your Desktop.
- Inside this folder, there will be a file named upload.zip. This is the file you need to upload to your thread in the BSOD section.
Once your thread is solved, you may wish to delete the iHelpForum application and all of the files it created. To do so, simply open up the application and select the delete button. This will cause the application to:
- Delete the iHelpForum folder from your desktop
- Delete itself (iHF BSOD Log Collector.exe will be deleted)