• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Amazon Prime (Streaming Video) Service

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have just started with Prime Video, it's not a bad price to pay $3.00 a month for the first three months, then goes up to $6.00 after six months.

They seem to have a good catalogue of movies and television shows from what I have seen after a quick look.

One thing I have noticed with their android app is the no "Cast" button in it, so had to have a look around and get it up and running. Here's a tip for all of the older people that are not young enough to know it all any more.

Google put out a app called Cast but renamed it Home, here's the link explaining how do it.

https://www.techbout.com/cast-chrome-browser-to-tv-android-phone-22573/

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
So from what I understand, Amazon used to have this functionality but has moved to their own apps.

To actually get the casting to a Chromecast or other such device you have to cast the whole phone screen (annoying)

But Amazon Prime shipping is amazing :). I usually end up just watching Prime content on my Xbox since there's an Amazon Video app you can download

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
But Amazon Prime shipping is amazing :). I usually end up just watching Prime content on my Xbox since there's an Amazon Video app you can download
I have got that app, that's why I said it does not have a cast button and have to use Google Home to cast to a television. It's just a bit more involved that's why put a link in.

I do not own a Xbox.

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Love my Amazon Prime streaming!

Just an FYI for anyone with Amazon "My Music" associated with a Prime account - that service will end with your next Prime renewal. However! You can leave all uploaded music in Amazon's cloud after the expiration if you select the Do Not Remove my music button in Settings of Amazon Music. Great place to safely store up to 250,000 songs.

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I have heard that it's not child appropriate. Glad to know it's funny. I don't think I've talked to many that have watched it.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
As I think I could be getting the US or UK stream here, I watched The Battle for Sevastopol the other day. Good story which is based on fact with a good surprise at the end.

Another Russian TV show which I am watching is The Attackers about two young pilots chucked into battle against the Germans.