• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Conversation Another reason I don't do Facebook!

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Anyone who knows old LC also knows you won't find him on Facebook or any other Social Media site. If you do then it is someone else posing as LC. Just beware. I came across this article on the ArsTechnica.com website.

Facebook scraped call, text message data for years from Android phone

Someone please explain to me why Facebook would or should have records of this data. This is private information that only my carrier would have. Am I affected by this? No or at least I don't think so but it does re-enforce my dislike for Facebook. I use a flip phone with no data so no Facebook but if you have called me from your smart phone then likely Facebook has my number. Time to buy another burner phone. :caution:

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Interesting, though as the article points out you need to specifically allow permission to access your contacts. With Android 6.x and later it is even easier to control this with Android's improved permissions
Yes, I did see that but you know as well as I that there was nothing telling you that facebook was going to keep a record of the phone numbers you called. Most people just don't think about it when it comes to setting permissions and what they are all about. I understand what Facebook started out being but what it wound up being was a place where your personal data is sold.:)

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have a FB account but they will have a great time data mining it, from my name , address, education, profession etc.it is all madeup bullsh!t.

I do not have a FB app on my android phone so that should not up your phone numbers if I ever give you a call. I did have Chrush's number a few years back but I do not know it any more.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I'm sure that the Turtleman thinks me a tin foil hat crazy about the subject of Facebook and the other social media sites but he forgets I was a businessman and well understand that it is about the money. The User is nothing more than a dollar sign to these businesses and when Zuckerberg and his ilk go on record as saying they didn't know and apologize all you are getting is bullshyte. :caution:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I'm sure that the Turtleman thinks me a tin foil hat crazy about the subject of Facebook and the other social media sites but he forgets I was a businessman and well understand that it is about the money. The User is nothing more than a dollar sign to these businesses and when Zuckerberg and his ilk go on record as saying they didn't know and apologize all you are getting is bullshyte. :caution:
We watched him spruiking a load of bollix on tv the other night,my partner said "Yeah right!"...