• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

any tips on speeding up your phone?

Adam

Title says it...a guy I work with has a RAZR max? And it's ....SSSS....LLLL....OOOO....WWWW... he has a 64gb sd card and only a few gigs on it and his phone. Less than 1/4th taken up on each. He has minimal apps...maybe his phone is full of adware?

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular
There are things that may help, although they are more for the advanced users.

This is a Verizon phone right? There are 2 known exploits, one roots, the other unlocks the bootloader. I would look into Towelroot, see if it works, it may depend on if the phone is updated or not, I'm pretty sure Verizon being Verizon, they aren't customer friendly when it comes to their devices.

Adam

Yes it's Verizon. And thanks for the tips. I will try updating it for him and towel roots. He's an older guy and I don't know much about phones other than how to 'use' them.

Belahzur

Freedom Fighter
Security Advisor
iHF Regular
It's an OEM phone, meaning it has apps pre-installed that can't be removed normally, but having root lets you have write permission in the /system partition. But Verizon being Verizon, they are against you actually using the device for anything they disagree with, and having root may or may not void your warranty. Legally your warranty is fine if you have good reading skills into US law, but companies these days are shady and try to tell you what you can or cannot do with a device you own, how's that for ownership?

Anyway, both exploits are on XDA if you want to try them.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2783912

Antman

Because, you know, Obama.
Advisor

Antman

Because, you know, Obama.
Advisor
The suggested software remains effective. At some point, all systems bog down.

This thing was unbelievably slow. My single core HTC inspire is A LOT FASTER than that phone...of course I guess we won't know the problem. You'd swipe over and it'd literally take 3-5 seconds to go to the next app screen. Oh well I guess I'll let him know about this for his new phone.