• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Apple Sues iPhone Screen Repairer and Loses

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I am in the market for a new mobile phone, I will not be getting a iPhone tho'.

I have been looking at a reasonably priced Samsung phone, which I rather like as it has the latest version of Android on it plus other goodness compared to the pos Oppo F1 I have at the moment.
I have two Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablets and I am pleased with them. They both have the Android 7.1 on them and the performance is very good. I can't speak for the phones but I will assume they are on par with my Samsung flip phone. It is not a smart phone but it has been reliable.:)

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have two Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablets and I am pleased with them. They both have the Android 7.1 on them and the performance is very good. I can't speak for the phones but I will assume they are on par with my Samsung flip phone. It is not a smart phone but it has been reliable.:)
I had aSamsung phone that was pretty good, it was not smart but it made phone calls pretty good. My Samsung tablets was ok but it is very heavy on the battery.

This is the phone I am looking at to replace the Oppo.

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/samsung-galaxy-j5-pro-32gb-black.html

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I had aSamsung phone that was pretty good, it was not smart but it made phone calls pretty good. My Samsung tablets was ok but it is very heavy on the battery.

This is the phone I am looking at to replace the Oppo.

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/samsung-galaxy-j5-pro-32gb-black.html
Nice phone Arctos. It has the same lines as my tablets.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/t...xy-tab-e-9-6-16gb-wi-fi-black-sm-t560nzkuxar/

While the tablet doesn't have cell phone connectivity it is still very useful. As far as battery life, I get several hours of heavy use on a charge. All that with wi-fi, bluetooth and GPS turned on. :)

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
@Crush - Remember when I stated that there is always two sides to a story and that we never get the full version? Try this on for size Mate. :lol:
I followed that mess from the very beginning and still believe Apple should have been able to repair (or replace) their most expensive flagship product. The fact that they didn't have all their ducks in a row so even Apple Authorized folks could not repair the thing is insane to me

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I followed that mess from the very beginning and still believe Apple should have been able to repair (or replace) their most expensive flagship product. The fact that they didn't have all their ducks in a row so even Apple Authorized folks could not repair the thing is insane to me
Yet another reason I quit selling Apple products.:caution: