• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Audeo Driver???

Presiding Cat

I have started this thread because I marked the other solved as I did not expect this result for the audio driver...

Vendor Search Results
At http://pcidatabase.com/
Resulted in this…

No matches found for: "24D5"

At Tab delimited vendor/device list I found this info…

24D5 AD1888/AD1980 Analog Devices AD1888/AD1980 @ Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

04B3 IBM
24D5 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_218114A4& Audio Controller

At PCI C Header I found this info…

0x8086, 0x24D5, "AD1888/AD1980", "Analog Devices AD1888/AD1980 @ Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]" } ,

0x04B3, 0x24D5, "PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_218114A4&", "Audio Controller"

0x8086, 0x82801, "24D5", "Realtek AC97

I can not make a lot of sense out of all this... Other than it tells me the driver exists... But I do not know where to go to find it?

Rustys

Presiding Cat got to ASTRA32 for Windows - Download Now and download the portable version this way there is nothing to install.

Run the program and select Drivers from the top this should give us what we need to get the proper driver.

Is this like LC said is a Dell or other or is it a DIY. If is a prefab why not got to their site and get the driver?

Malnutrition

Still Hungry
iHF Master Craftsman
Can we see this from your machine as well, if the above does not do it. :)

Download UnknownDeviceIdentifierand post the log it Creates in your next reply.
Run the program allow it to finish then hit file> save > Save the file to desktop.The default file name will be DeviceList Attach Device list in your next reply

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Presiding Cat, It may be that you need to install the motherboard chipset drivers. It may be easier to find drivers if we knew what motherboard you have. To find the motherboard model you can open the PC and look on the board. It is usually somewhere near the PCI slots. Astra may also tell you. :)

Presiding Cat

LC. The mother board vendor is Gigabyte technology

The model # IS Seanix 81G1000MK Socket 478
Chipset vender = Intel

Last edited:

Presiding Cat

Rustys... Astra32 recorded this...

THE DRIVERS ARE NOT INSTALLED ON THESE

Device type PCI/AGP Device

Vendor (8086h) Intel corporation

Device (2576h) 82865G/PE/P.82848P Overflow Configuration

Device type PCI/AGP Device

Vendor (8086h) Intel Corperation

Device (24D5h) 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97Audio Controller

Subsys Vendor (1458h) Gigabyte Technology

Subsystem ID (A002h) GA-8IPE1000/8KNXP MOTHERBOARD

Presiding Cat

I am so sick of attempting to locate a gigabyte page that will lead me to the driver that I need... That I feel like I am going crazy... Anyone interested in coming with with me?

Presiding Cat

Rusty... I am assuming DIY means Do it yourself.... And refab means re-fabrication????
If that is true I am lost as to why that would be important? Or how I would determine that...

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Experience Presiding Cat. Most of those old motherboards require a chipset driver for the onboard sound and video buss. The device manager and Astra can only give you the device IDs if they see them. Next I apologize for giving you the wrong Link. This is the proper link.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=1655#dl

Download the Intel INF installation file then you may download the other drivers as necessary. :)

Presiding Cat my good fellow, I have built hundreds of PCs while I was in business. I do not see as well as I used to and prone to mistakes but I assure you I would not lead you astray. :)

Presiding Cat

Experience Presiding Cat. Most of those old motherboards require a chipset driver for the onboard sound and video buss. The device manager and Astra can only give you the device IDs if they see them. Next I apologize for giving you the wrong Link. This is the proper link.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=1655#dl

Download the Intel INF installation file then you may download the other drivers as necessary. :)
OK LC... :) I did as you requested and they were extracted to a folder... When I click on them they want to extract again... How do I install them?:)

Last edited:

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
When you extracted the Inf file the first time it saved two files to a folder called "INFUpdate". The two files are called { infinst_autol.exe } and { relnotes.htm }. When you double click on { infinst_autol.exe }, it will or should extract into a temp folder and then launch the setup file. The setup file should then install the required drivers. :)

Presiding Cat

Did you build the computer or was as an example made by Dell, Gateway, Toshiba, ETC.
The computer does not belong to me... It was purchased by a friend of mine from a Thrift Store... Where they have a computer knowledgeable person who may have made some adjustments to it... I have no way of knowing one way or the other... However when it was originally purchased it is a safe bet that it was store bought...