• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Audeo Driver???

Presiding Cat

iHF Legend
When you extracted the Inf file the first time it saved two files to a folder called "INFUpdate". The two files are called { infinst_autol.exe } and { relnotes.htm }. When you double click on { infinst_autol.exe }, it will or should extract into a temp folder and then launch the setup file. The setup file should then install the required drivers. :)
When I click on the file it says that the destination folder already exists and asks if I want to replace that file with the new one... After having said yes every time I click on it it says the same thing... It does not install...

Presiding Cat

iHF Legend
Rustys... The system name is not there... Instead...
Motherboard Vendor = Gigabyte Technology Co. LT...

Below that is the Board Model... Seanix8IG1000MK...

Last edited:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
When I click on the file it says that the destination folder already exists and asks if I want to replace that file with the new one... After having said yes every time I click on it it says the same thing... It does not install...
Interesting...Do you know where the destination folder is located? Go to that folder and see if there is a file called setup.exe. If you continue to have trouble, I will extract the files and make them available to you in a zip file. :)

Presiding Cat

iHF Legend
Thanks LC... There are 2 files
One is called... Motherboard Driver Re 7z SFX
The other one is called... Motherboard Driver Chipset Setup Z

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Hi PC and LC, hope you dont mind me jumping in here but if this motherboard is a Gigabyte 81G1000mk, then you must ensure you get the correct drivers because there are 2 revisions of that board, and also, are you using 32 or 64 bit xp?

This picture shows the two, and here's the link that led to that. Just had to insert info in option 1 and 2 as shown in pic.

http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/download-center.aspx

2014-11-30_165426.jpg

And to identify which revision you have, this is how and where gigabyte mark all their boards

2014-11-30_163153.jpg

If I have overlooked something in an earlier post I apologize, and I'm not trying to tread on LC's toes who's been assisting you.

Last edited:

Presiding Cat

iHF Legend
Hi CD and LC... I found REV 1.0 on the Motherboard
I downloaded the Drivers...

And when I click on the file it still says that the destination folder already exists and asks if I want to replace that file with the new one... After having said yes every time I click on it... It says the same thing... It does not install...

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I do not know which version of xp you are using, but as an example I downloaded the chipset driver for 32 bit xp revision 1.

The file downloads as a zipped file, you must unpack the zipped file, with whatever zip file application you use, to a location of your choice, and inside that unpacked file will be a folder called "INFUpdate"

Open that folder and there is a "infinst_autol.exe" file which if you double click on it will install the chipset driver.

The procedure will be similar if you are using xp64bit, but the file name may be different??

The same deal will apply for any other drivers you need.

Rustys

What is the name of the file that you downloaded from the site and what is the name of the file that you are clicking on after you have unpacked the compressed file?

You will need to go to the directory that it creates to find and select the install file.

Presiding Cat

iHF Legend
Thanks CD... Should not the zipped file automatically unpack with the zipped file that is built into XP 32 Bit? If not can you suggest a good one?

Presiding Cat

iHF Legend
What is the name of the file that you downloaded from the site and what is the name of the file that you are clicking on after you have unpacked the compressed file?

You will need to go to the directory that it creates to find and select the install file.
Thanks for your efforts Rustys... But obviously you are not understanding what I have posted... I am unable to unpack the compressed file... I am unable to get into it period... I am unable to do anything with it...

And the name of the files are as follows...
Audio Version Size Date Download Here
Realtek AC97 Driver 5.10.00.6160 20.25 MB 2006/12/19 Asia China America Europe Europe(Russia) : FTP / Http
Chipset Version Size Date Download Here
Intel INF installation 6.2.1.1001 2.47 MB 2004/11/12 Asia China America Europe Europe(Russia) : FTP / Http

Last edited:

Presiding Cat

iHF Legend
Thanks Bear... With 7-zip I have the file on the computer... However when I click on the set up button I get this message...

The install shield could not be copied To C:\program files\Common files\Install shield\engine\6\Intel 32.

Make sure you have appropriate privileges to copy files to this folder (Ox20)

I am working with a fresh install... There are only two accounts, And the guest account is turned off...

On my windows 7 computer it worked with out 7-zip...

Last edited:

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Hello PC. the file you downloaded is a self extractracting zip file. That is why you are getting the message about file already exists because you are trying to expand it over and over.

Bit nervous about recommending software to you, but I agree with Bear and have used 7zip for years. Seeing youve already extracted the files and obviously cant find it on your old xp pc, why dont you download the necessary files on your newer pc, extract them with whatever zip software you use. DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK THE DOWNLOADED .EXE FILE, then copy the unzipped files from the folder made by your zip application to a stick or cd and install from there?

I cant upload the files here for you because they are beyond the upload size limit.

Last edited:

Rustys

Thanks for your efforts Rustys... But obviously you are not understanding what I have posted... I am unable to unpack the compressed file... I am unable to get into it period... I am unable to do anything with it...

And the name of the files are as follows...
Audio Version Size Date Download Here
Realtek AC97 Driver 5.10.00.6160 20.25 MB 2006/12/19 Asia China America Europe Europe(Russia) : FTP / Http
Chipset Version Size Date Download Here
Intel INF installation 6.2.1.1001 2.47 MB 2004/11/12 Asia China America Europe Europe(Russia) : FTP / Http
Interesting since your quote here state the file is uncompressed and you just keep uncompressing the same file over and over again. What you need to do is go to the directory it creates and run the setup/install file. Unfortunately the compressed files were not created to automatically install the software after they uncompressing.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Interesting since your quote here state the file is uncompressed and you just keep uncompressing the same file over and over again. What you need to do is go to the directory it creates and run the setup/install file. Unfortunately the compressed files were not created to automatically install the software after they uncompressing.
Rustys, I have provided Presiding Cat with a zipped version of the file. It appears PC has other issues. The file from the GigaByte site was an .exe file that is scripted to extract to a preset folder then launch the setup.exe file. If you will take a look at the link I posted in post #35 you may get an idea of why PC was having trouble with the install. :)

Presiding Cat

iHF Legend
Thank you Lord Chance...
Life has got very busy for me, but I will get to applying, the info you provided and get back to you here sometime within the next few days..

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Thank you Lord Chance...
Life has got very busy for me, but I will get to applying, the info you provided and get back to you here sometime within the next few days..
Take your time Presiding Cat. I will be here to help however I can. :)