• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Australia Day 26.01.2018

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
We have some who want to celebrate Columbus Day and others want to ban it
I find that strange as Columbus discoverd the Bahamas, and not the US as we know it today. The Brits grabbed it off of the Spanish, it is still a member of the British Commonwealth.

It should be called Leif Erikson Day as he was first to discover it and settle down.

The mob that are baying for a date change call today Invasion Day here.

Last edited:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I find that strange as Columbus discoverd the Bahamas, and not the US as we know it today. The Brits grabbed it off of the Spanish, it is still a member of the British Commonwealth.

The mob that are baying for a date change call today Invasion Day here.
History is a matter of perception instead of fact it seems. If the facts do not fit with what we believe then we change it to suit us. What annoys me about the whole matter is that no one can change the past. What we need to do is deal with it and learn from it then go on with our lives. If as much effort was made to make thing better now than bemoaning the past all of our lives would be better. :)