• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Avast Free Registration

Claw

Hey guys, I have a Dell desktop computer. Well I Full formatted and reinstalled Windows(from disk), then installed video and audio drivers(from disk), wireless driver(from usb) then installed all updates, flash player then headed to Avast for Avast Free. I installed Avast including the Google Chrome tag along, but when it came time to Register, I clicked Register and it said I was registered never took me to the Registration Page for my name and e-mail address, this has never happened before. I installed Avast Free on a Vista a day earlier and the woman had to register it. Any thoughts on why it automatically registered ?

Claw

Hey veeg, yea I had Avast Free installed on it before the reformat. I've had Avast on it already and had to reformat it a few months ago and Avast had me register then. Every time I reinstalled Windows on this PC I installed Avast, and every time I had to register, until now.

Rustys

Prior to the download did you sign into your account and or during the install? It may have read the fact that you have already signed in to your account and copied the information for the cache (cookie)?

Do you save you login information?

Claw

Rustys, after the format and reinstallation of Windows I just went to the site and downloaded and installed it. I didn't log into anything, that's whats got me puzzled, I clicked the Register button, and it went to a page asking if I want to upgrade(to pay version), so I went into the menu clicked Settings and under General, I clicked Registration, and when it opened it say "You are registered. and that's all I did. Confusing huh ? Especially since the disk was formatted and Windows reinstalled from scratch.

Malnutrition

Still Hungry
iHF Master Craftsman
On my phone right now, so not 100% but I would say right click the icon on the bottom right and go through the options... On the other hand since you did not register it . YOU should prolly uninstall it reboot and reinstall that is personally what i would do. Using a program like revo free incase something is corrupt, which may be the case here. I would stay away from cnet and use a site like filehippo to get the installation file.

Claw

Hey dudes, I'm back. I've decided to take a vacation from Avast. Revo uninstaller wouldn't remove it, but the Avast removal tool worked like a charm. Right now I'm using Bitdefender free, and then I'm going to give Panda Free a shot and see how that one is.

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Hey dudes, I'm back. I've decided to take a vacation from Avast. Revo uninstaller wouldn't remove it, but the Avast removal tool worked like a charm. Right now I'm using Bitdefender free, and then I'm going to give Panda Free a shot and see how that one is.
Just my opinion, Nick, but I think Panda sucks. I trialed it at the office and it wasn't great. Didn't have good reviews either.

I know you have already removed Avast, but as an FYI, you can check the registration of Avast from Opening the Avast console -> Settings. It will tell you there the registration of the Avast account.

Claw

Hey DCiAdmin. Mind if I call you DC ? Thanks for the help. You really think Panda sucks ? I've heard good things, but I really value the opinions of you guys.

Claw

Which one of these Panda 2015 or BitDefender is least likely to slow down your system, especially an older computer ?

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
My experience with Panda was their Enterprise with Cloud version. The reviews that I am aware came from other local SysAdmins that had Panda in their companies and lived to regret it. It appears that the home version of Panda is getting good reviews, but I'm not interested in giving them a 2nd chance.

I have no experience with the 360 product but trust Mal to know what he's talking about and Veeg with his "hands on" experience with that application.