1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dismiss Notice

Avira Scout Browser

Discussion in 'Virus, Spyware and Malware Removal Help' started by Arctos, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

I downloaded this browser Avira Scout last night, after another Firefox update borked yet more of my addons that I have used for years. Pale Moon RIP.

It is a Chromium knock off, and it is quite pleasant to use after PM. I have been scathing about Googles efforts to get it on everybody and there dog's computer.

I think I can get to like it, it's just a matter of me getting used to having tabs up at the very top. I have got most of the important PM addons that I used a lot on it. The best part of it is that Old Compose works again.

It has a lot of built in security stuff that may be useful.

http://blog.avira.com/aviras-secure-browser/

[​IMG]

2. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Always room to learn a bit more Administrator iHF Legend WCG Team Member

Thanks for the heads up, Bear! I'll take a look.

Arctos likes this.
  3. Arctos

4. Arctos

If any of the non members are reading this thread, and you want to know how to back up your settings if you start to use the browser do this.

Go here C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Avira-Scout\User Data\Default save the Default folder where ever you save your back ups.

No need for 3rd party apps / utilities to do this, as it's all ready to use in Windows, safer as well... :D

Crush and Lord Chance like this.
  5. Arctos

I played around with Avira Scout for a couple of days, and it needs more work done to make it more stable

One thing it did show me that Chrome itself is worth a try again.

So I have installed it and getting used to the tabs on top is easier than I thought...