• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved bluetooth wont connect

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Hi, I have an old Acer aspire one netbook, its a d150, which was carried around only as a backup pc in case my old faithful business laptop got dropped or died. It has windows xp sp3 and had only a couple of hours total use.

I cant get it to connect to my Iphone by bluetooth. The phone is ok because it connects and talks to my car and my earpiece.

I have reinstalled the Acer bluetooth driver in case there was a problem there. All I get when I attempt to connect is "Bluetooth device not found. Please verify that your bluetooth device is properly connected and turned on."

Device manager shows no problems.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
If my service manual for that AOD150 is current to you model then the Bluetooth module is a foxconn bluetooth set. If so then the drives should be for Foxconn Bluetooth FOX_BRM_2.0 F/W 300. If your drivers are indeed right then set your phone to discovery mode then switch on the Bluetooth on the Aspire.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Please know that some new phones use technology that old Bluetooth hardware will simply not understand
Hi, and thanks for assisting but the phone is a 3GS, not too new and flashy.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Has it got wireless network sometimes they will interfere with each other you may need to turn wireless off to use bluetooth
Hi and thanks for helping. I did read that somewhere? so i have tried disabling wireless with the keyboard switch, and also through device manager, which made no difference.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
If my service manual for that AOD150 is current to you model then the Bluetooth module is a foxconn bluetooth set. If so then the drives should be for Foxconn Bluetooth FOX_BRM_2.0 F/W 300. If your drivers are indeed right then set your phone to discovery mode then switch on the Bluetooth on the Aspire.
Hello and thanks for taking the time, do either of these pics help to identify the bluetooth? Ill try and get some info from the driver too.

Update: heres the link where i got the driver from, i used the serial number to get there.
http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/drivers

sorry link doesnt show details
picture below

The netbook device manager gives the details of the bluetooth driver as
provider--- broadcom
date-------- 1st november 2007
version----- 5.1.0.4500

100_4171.JPG 100_4169.JPG

2014-06-26_124658.jpg

Last edited:

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Hello all, good news. I uninstalled the driver, rebooted, reinstalled the same driver, rebooted, and voila xp can now see the iphone, so now its just a matter of configuring it without all the junky options.

Sorry to everyone, should have tried uninstall instead of just another driver over the top of the existing before I posted. Bloody xp

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
People still use XP? :eek:
Yes, dont rub it in, its my only xp machine left, and I dont know if win7 drivers are available for it or not? As I said it was a spare pc in case my main laptop went down. It was only ever intended to run powerpoint for technical presentations
  • :rolleyes: