• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Brother HL-1430 Laser Printer Driver for Win 7

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Re-installed Win 7 the other day, all good except the printer driver. Brother stopped supplying drivers for this great laser printer. as it was included with Win 7.

You downloaded it from Win Updates which I have done on previous occasions and it worked great.

Now it's gone, probably because Brother want me to upgrade my 10 year old printer to a new shiny laser printer, or (tin foil hat time) Microsoft want me to upgrade to Win X and new external hardware. Because sure as carp they will not have any drivers for any of my hardware.

However, using my Google Fu I came across something about Brothers printer driver for Vista working ok on win 7. I would not think I would be so pleased to see that word as a saviour.

Here's the link for anybody that is looking for a Win 7 64bit solution with the above printer...

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=gb&lang=en&prod=hl1430_eu&os=84

Edit: Typo fixed,and marked as solved.

Last edited:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
As I said LC, the driver was at Windows Update, but it is not there any more (it used to install the driver nearly straight away when you first turned the printer on after a reformat, reinstall of the o/s.

Got it working perfectly with the Vista driver tho', which will do me, I did not use compatibily mode either it was happy with them as they were.

I posted this as general info for others, thanks for your link as it will might be of use to others...:D

Antman

Because, you know, Obama.
Advisor
I suppose there are no Southern Baptists down under.

Besides, I tell my dog to 'heel'.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I suppose there are no Southern Baptists down under.

Besides, I tell my dog to 'heel'.
If there are baptists southern or otherwise they stay well away from me.

Last dog we had was good he would heel, heal, drink your beer and steal the leftover Sunday roast. Then blame it on the kids...:D