• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Completely disabling touchpad from a Dell Inspiron.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Ah my dear Lord Chance, thank you for your wisdom. I will post the information required as soon as I am able in the appropriate location, and work with which ever of your inspired and well trained Virus slayers is chosen to assist me. I know that Crush would never allow someone to help remove malware if they were not current in their knowledge, which I sadly, am not. However, on a side note, it is such a pleasure to have an opportunity to reacquaint with you.

TTFN

Lady Green Witch
You have always shown kindness to this old fool. I am pleased to see you among us and pray life's path keeps you with us while it may. :)

LadyGreenWitch

I'll get you my pretty, and your little log too!
iHF Regular
ROFL @Highlander Why the name change Gandalf? Are you hiding? LOL. How lovely to see you here as well. Don't be mean to LC, he is a lovely chivalrous man who has great wisdom. Now you, you have always shown yourself to be extremely knowledgeable as well, his wisdom takes nothing from your own. ;). Can't wait to interact with you more.
TTFN
LGW

LadyGreenWitch

iHF Regular
I am/used to be. I was part of several. But before I contact DCi, I should get my laptop running clean. Glad to hear that you are involved. I know on the previous site we were doing some work in that direction. Thanks for thinking of me. LGW

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
LGW,

Oh my gosh! It has been many, too many years! So delighted that you found your way to our little bit of yellow brick road. I hope you are well. I look very forward to renewing old friendships.

You have stumbled upon the best of the best here. Crush & I have been very fortunate that so many wonderful people were willing to join us. Now it's just a matter of getting the general public to find us :)

LadyGreenWitch

iHF Regular
:lol: As if. LOL. When have you EVER seen me kiss up to anyone? I just say what I think, and happen to be a sweet person by nature. LOL, (You should see my FB rants.:eek:)

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Brown nosing already? :D
Wizard! behave...
:lol: As if. LOL. When have you EVER seen me kiss up to anyone? I just say what I think, and happen to be a sweet person by nature. LOL, (You should see my FB rants.:eek:)
You had me scared in my early days at the other place, but I still have great respect for you LGW...

LadyGreenWitch

iHF Regular
Hey Guys!
After a long hard cleaning process, I finally felt able to return to my original question on this thread. I think I figured it out!! :woot:

I again uninstalled the PS/2 mouse under Control Panel/Mouse/Hardware tab/PS/2 Compatible Mouse/Properties button/Change Settings button/Driver tab. I restarted the laptop, and then on a hunch, went back to that same location, and Disable was now an option that had not been available before. I disabled the mouse, and have restarted a bunch of times without reoccurrence of the stupid thing reinstalling itself.

Thank you to all of you who gave me your kind attention and assistance with this issue. :kiss: See you in the Forums.

TTFN,

LGW