• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Connection Issue.

Malnutrition

Still Hungry
iHF Master Craftsman
Nice I see you have installed service pack 2.
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium Service Pack 2 (X86) :mrgreen:

I would suggest that you go through the internet tune in my signature, its the red lettering that reads vista 7 internet tune.

Can you run the Norton Removal tool again please. :) http://www.ihelpforum.com/index.php?attachments/norton_removal_tool-1-zip.1071/

Now lets run a nice tool named Zoek.

Please download zoek.zip or zoek.rar by smeenk (
) from here or here and save it to your Desktop.

• Close any open browsers
  • Temporarily disable your AntiVirus program.If you are unsure how to do this please Follow this guide.
  • Right Click on Zoek and select Run as Administrator.
  • Zoek may take some time to start, this is normal!!
Copy the text in red below, paste into Zoek window.

createsrpoint;
emptyfolderscheck;delete

emptyclsid;

emptyalltemp;

resethosts;

ipconfig /flushdns;b

iedefaults;

autoclean;

Click on
button. (As illustrated below.)

Zoek may take some time to complete, this is normal. Once finished the program will reboot your machine, if not then please do so manually.
Post the log created by Zoek you may find it on the C: drive.

Next.........

I suggest that you download CCLEANER then run it, hit the option's button then settings,put a tick next to Run Ccleaner when the computer starts.
Also when in options go to advanced tab and put a tick next to close program after cleaning.
This will automate the temporary file removal on your machine and keep it speedy.
Disable all of the start ups on the machine except your antivirus.
To disable hit the tools button then the start up button,then disable.

Now please in your next reply please give me the Zoek log and a new minitoolbox log we are not done yet I do not want to give you too much at once to do. :)