• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Copy and paste

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
For some reason I can no longer copy and paste from a website using IE 11.There is no drop down menu. I can highlight text but have to use the command from the edit button on the menu bar. Anyone got an idea. I have been through the settings and I cant find any problem.

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
Funny you should say that.I just installed it.... and all works fine.

Rustys

How were you copy and pasting?

Buy using the keyboard or mouse secondary mouse button?

Have you tried resetting IE and checking the mouse and mouse settings see if there were ant thing wonky there?

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
Thanks guys.I think I will move to the fox.

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
How were you copy and pasting?

Buy using the keyboard or mouse secondary mouse button?

Have you tried resetting IE and checking the mouse and mouse settings see if there were ant thing wonky there?
I use the mouse buttons. All setting are fine.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Do yourself a favour, put palemoon on and take control of how you want your browser, not what Mozilla wants you to have. Someone here wrote a guide on how you can install it side by side with Firefox and try it out:D

BTW yet to see a useful firefox addon that wont work with palemoon.

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
Do yourself a favour, put palemoon on and take control of how you want your browser, not what Mozilla wants you to have. Someone here wrote a guide on how you can install it side by side with Firefox and try it out:D

BTW yet to see a useful firefox addon that wont work with palemoon.

Ok.I will give it a run.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Ok.I will give it a run.
Should have said before. In your case as you've just put Firefox on your machine there's no need to go through all the back up procedure because you probably haven't customized firefox anyway? You should only have to install Palemoon and you can run the 2 browsers side by side until you decide if you want to ditch one or the other? Irrespective of which browser you decide to keep, make sure you do backup up the keeper. You'll find instructions in the guide I did some time back.

You'll like Palemoon, good luck with it.

PS, dont know if you have a 32 or 64bit machine, but if you install Palemoon use the 32 bit version for either.

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
I will see how thing go.

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
Have removed IE 11 and installed 10. Copy and past are back to normal.:D

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
Just as a follow up. I have found what caused it. It was Super Ad Blocker in Add on's. Disabled it and all works fine. Enable it and there no copy and paste.