1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dismiss Notice

Creators Upgrade.

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help' started by Arctos, May 25, 2017.

1. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

I used to have the calendar under the clock but now I shifted the calendar so it is on the left hand side so it's better balanced look on the laptop. On the Win 7 box it's all stacked with the gadgets or whatever they were called down the right hand side.

2. Arctos

Another couple of big Winders updates on Patch Wednesday since the Creators was downloaded.

I read somewhere M$ are planning on releasing another Anniversary / Creators type of update called Suck It Up in our Oz springtime in a couple of months.

Another 3 - 4 gigs of bloat to download and install. :meh:

Edit: Typo.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. Crush

Crush I am admin, ruler of my domain Administrator iHF Master Craftsman

I don't even get as far as the Desktop. I live and die by the Quick Launch along the start bar

But you have that shiny fiber line now though Arctos mate :)

4. Arctos

But, but, the last 380 metres are 1984 vintage copper wire from the node to my place. :eek:

5. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Makes me wonder what new and improved Roo droppings they are going to add to their wonderful OS this time. (<--Extreme Sarcasm Mode Engaged)

At my age and as bad as my eyesight is I would have to expand the Quick Launch Bar to cover most of the Desktop so I could see the Icons. :D

Crush likes this.
  6. Arctos

They have made Cortana and Bing into a visual virtual assistants, they will now,provide sexually explicit self gratification for your perusal. :caution:

7. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Just what I need. A Virtual Blowup Doll that will not only talk dirty to you but give you directions as well.:rolleyes:

Arctos likes this.
  8. Antman

Antman Because, you know, Obama. iHF Regular Advisor

I have one of those.

Arctos likes this.
  9. Arctos

Well done @Antman, I knew you were at the forefront of technology by accepting virtual embraces from Microsoft.

On the subject, the Spring Creators upgrade is due very soon here in Australia, apperently they have made all of the sh!te stuff that I have got rid of, and made it blingier.

Oh freakin joy! :meh:

10. Antman

I am limping along with WindX, begrudgingly. I would not use WindX if MS did not ruin my purchased Retail Win8 Pro Media Center licenses. My PC is 90% TV, SiliconDust / HDHomerun software sucks and/or blows. Thank you for existing, VLC.

And yes. I own retail licenses to WinH8 Pro and Pro Pack Media Center licenses, but activation breaks when the Pro Pack is added. No known fix. Somewhere in the chain, MS converts the licenses to OEM. I have one aging motherboard that will run Win8.1 Pro Media Center, so I have sufficient proof that it a Retail to OEM conversion.

Defender messes with my NirSoft. I can exception out the folder, but I can't remove the splat on the systray icon (rendering the icon useless).

Insider Preview rs3 blue screens every one of my PCs that I run it on - Win32kfull (BSOD almost always occurs with a drag and drop action).

File Associations is unnecessarily cumbersome. **** Edge and that stupid nag. Oops. I forgot I could not clearly convey **** Edge.

Storage Spaces doesn't do ReFS any more. Windows 10 Semi-Pro.

I use WinAero as a front-end to a few GUI hacks, and Classic Shell.

I do license every WindX PC from my retail Win7 Ultimate licenses using the Assistive Tech upgrade. I fit the letter of the license. So, there's that.

Did not mean for this to get so long. If I had zero learning curve to use any Linux distro with the same command I have over WindX, I would not use any MS product in my home.

Oh, yeah. I own two of those useless ****ing Windows phones.

11. Lord Chance

Be careful what you say about Windows phones Antman. The Windows Phone Fanboys will find you, come over and give you a complete makeover and pedicure. They might even dress you funny. :D

12. Arctos

Bill Gate does not give a sh!t about windows phones either, as he is using a Android phone. https://www.cnet.com/news/bill-gates-uses-android-phone/#

The last Windows phone I saw a couple of years ago was smashed into the bowls green surrounds when it blue screened on the owner, with "you %$##@$%^ POS" being shouted around for all to hear. :lol:

Lord Chance likes this.
  13. Antman

No worries. I have retired all of my smart phones and have gone back to my 12 year old flip phone. It's amazing. I can make calls and it rings and everything!

Lord Chance likes this.