• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

data encrypted

shellyss

iHF Newbie
Recently my data on Windows 7 were locked by Onion ransomware (here is some information about it that I found on the internet). Is there any tools that I can try to recover the encrypted files? I don't have any backups.

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
Hello Shellyss,

If this indeed true and just not a clever ploy to drive traffic to that website, I'm not seeing a decryption tool that is available at present that I would recommend.

Spyhunter, a tool recommended by many "guides" on the internet, has a questionable reputation at best.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
If you have fallen victim to the Dharma ransomware virus you may check the Trend Micro or Kaspersky website for a decryption tool but before you try to decrypt your files you need to remove the virus from your computer. I believe Dharma is a variant of CrySiS family of ransomware so you need to be sure.