• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

DHCP Issues

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Hindsight is 20/20 and now I'm incredibly annoyed.

I thought you know what...I'll sleep when I'm dead. I'm resolving this tonight.

Did a.....switcharoo.....of the switches (thank you, I'm here all week, tip your waitresses) and everything works fine now.

DHCP address pulled down to machine and NAS W.....T......F

EDIT: NAS it back to static address, wheee!
:roflmao:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Well, isn't that the way.....

Provide a person some quality advice and they wander off and don't even bother with final updates. Thank goodness for the phone - I'll provide a summary.

The joy continued went into Thursday with a swap again of the switches. Netgear displayed the same issue, and why wouldn't it? There were no changes. Crush took the Netgear back to factory defaults and DHCP flowed through to end devices as it should. DHCP even held through end device reboots, so the factory reset on the switch did clear things. No firm findings, but I'm leaning towards something being odd in the Netgear's port autosense feature.