• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Dual Booting Linux Mint

Presiding Cat

I attempted to install Linux Mint 3 along side of Windows 7... And the installer crashed... I am not sure where that leaves me? It appears as though it created the partitions but I wonder what else it put on there.? Like do I have to clean anything off of the drive before I can attempt to install Linux again ?

Your thoughts ?

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Presiding Cat

Presiding Cat

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Thanks LC. after reading that info I have decided to just leave Windows 7 on it... I don't need to Duel Boot I just thought it be fun to do it...
Experimentation is a part of the fun of the Personal Computing hobby. If you use your PC to do work then it is best to use another computer to experiment on. Even now I have what I call my play PC. It has a HotSwap drive bay so I can try different OS setups. If I want to run LINUX, I swap to the drive that I have LINUX installed on. Need to run Windows XP, just swap the drive. Dual boot setups can be fussy so I try to avoid them. I'm just lazy I suppose. :)