• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Emergency Evacuation Kit.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
As our tropical cyclone, bushfire, floods season is almost upon us, the Queensland state government, Bundaberg Regional Council have put a emergency evacuation pack together.

Some useful bits and pieces in it, first aid kit, radio / torch / phone charger, two water containers, poncho, whistle with instructions, a 2 gig usb drive (will not fit in the laptops usb 2 ports), space blanket, and small back pack

I like the radio, usual tuning vol controls.

Crank like sith to charge it up a bit to listen to the radio, use the torch, or charge your phone up a bit.

Solar power charging, use the button for three led light to see what you are doing, or use the button to signal with.

There is a cover on the back with a usb port in it so you can charge it by that as well, also is a port for a cable to charge your phone. It also came with a assortment of connectors, including Apple fondle slabs.

Not a bad pack to listen to a presentation on evacuation procedures / check lists.

Last edited:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I need to restock some of my bugout kit. It is getting a bit dated. I also keep several of the Lithium-Ion battery banks that I can keep charged with a portable solar panel. Those Red Cross first-aid kits are nice. I see one thing that they forgot to give you. They should have supplied a water filter kit. Sometimes you can't start a fire to boil water. :)

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
As I said to the person giving the talk, I have fair bit of stuff gathered over the years. I have a great first aid kit courtesy of when I was in charged of all the butcher shops first aid boxes.

Our water is not bad to drink out of the creeks and rivers if you are out bush, we have four plastic jerry can style water containers that we used though.

A bottle of metho is a good fire starter. :lol:

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
As I said to the person giving the talk, I have fair bit of stuff gathered over the years. I have a great first aid kit courtesy of when I was in charged of all the butcher shops first aid boxes.

Our water is not bad to drink out of the creeks and rivers if you are out bush, we have four plastic jerry can style water containers that we used though.

A bottle of metho is a good fire starter. :lol:
Aye Mate. I bought some of those Army Medic battle kits when DOD changed supplier and left the previous supplier with a warehouse full. That was 10 years ago. I really need to freshen some of the supplies.

The filter kit is more for flooding than most other events. Flooding will contaminate capped wells even so having something to filter the water is helpful.

I just hope you don't use the good stuff Mate. It is best used to keep you warm while you light a fire. ;)

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
'tis the season. I heard news this morning that California no longer has a fire "season". As the cities have expanded, so has the "season". Of course, being what we are - it's every person for themselves. No kit bags handed out here in the States.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
We have forgotten the good old days M'Lady. We used to store food and supplies for hard times. Now they teach the kids that Uncle Sam will be there to take care of every one. No worries. All we have to do is look how well the Government reacts to major storms and floods. I'm not what would be considered a Prepper but I do have supplies, weapons and skills to survive. Sadly it won't be a storm, flood or earthquake that will get me. It will be someone who depended on the Government to feed and cloth them. :caution::meh:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Here in Queensland when ever there is a tropical cyclone brewing that is going to clobber the north of the state, the federal government start moving army electricity generators and water purification plants into the general area.

The same happened when we had the floods here in Bundy in 2013, they flew in loads of gear and troops in those big bügger C17 cargo planes.