• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Evergreen bushes....

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I have "deshrubbed" my home. When Nick and I bought the house, it had 15 evergreen bushes on the north, south, and east sides. These shrubs were thick enough and tall enough, they made it difficult to open or close the windows. After 4+ hours of some very hard labor, the bushes are down. We still have work to do - pumice stone to rake up and stumps to remove, but yippee! the damned bushes are gone! If I would have been thinking, we would have had before and after pictures to provide.

Happy Sunday! I got something accomplished today!

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Maybe not before photos, but here are the after :)

Pickup_20160516.jpg

House_20160516.jpg

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Hadn't planned to do this today, but when we went shrubbery shopping, the green house had a 40% off sale. When I say "I want a shrubbery!", I mean it :D So, I just bought.....

5 Black Lace Elderberry bushes
3 variegated wiegela bushes
2 mock orange bushes
1 Japanese weeping maple tree

BlackLaceElderberry.JPG VariegatedWeigela.JPG MockOrange.JPG JapaneseWeepingMaple.JPG

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
It's My Birthday!
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Some things to know about your selected greenery.

Black Lace Elderberry
Variegated Weigela
Mock Orange
Weeping Japanese Maple

The Weeping Japanese Maple is a beautiful choice for any yard but it will need room to grow. Not something to plant next to the house. :)
Thank you for the links, LC. I've been doing a bit of research but your info may provide things that I had not yet found. The Japanese Maple will be out front of the house about 12 foot. I've got a stump there currently that needs to come out. That should be plenty of space.

Nope, no thorns. On any given day, I'm prickly enough for this household.

Antman

Because, you know, Obama.
Advisor
The plant I know of as 'mock orange' is a hellbeast. And propagates like bamboo.