• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

External HD issue

Gallorg

iHF Regular
oh ok Ape, i'll try one of the data recovery companies, thanks for all your help i really appreciate it, cheers

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Thats way too techy for my abilities
oh ok Ape, i'll try one of the data recovery companies, thanks for all your help i really appreciate it, cheers
It looks like a bin job then Gallorg if you will not put the drive into the PC, but there is a glimmer of hope if you use a data recovery service. They will charge you an arm and leg for the privilege of hopefully getting your stuff back.

So your better off starting with a brand new external harddrive from a reputable manufacturer (not a cheap Chinese one).

Then start downloading your music files from iTunes or where ever you got them from...

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Yes, and this is now the third time you have been advised about the importance of backing up, you never seem to get around to it. There is plenty of free backup software out there which is easy to use, leaving no excuse for not saving your data.

If you don't care about backing up, in turn you don't give a stuff about your data.

Sorry to be hard, but you should listen.:banghead: