• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Fibre To The Node Is Gettin Closer...

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
All I can get is 25mbps. And thats on a copper line only six years old. My last place had a 20 year old line and I was getting 50mpbs. The aussie network stinks.
Come to America Mate. I will show the very underside of that toilet. I pay very will for 6 up and 1.5 down , which I never get near, and they tell me they are doing me a great service. :caution:

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Nice!

Nicerer!

We will only be able to dream of speeds like that in Australia, the federal government have no plans to upgrade what is in their eyes, cutting edge technology. :meh: :wtf:
Not sure about the TurtleMan but I can tell you how fake my numbers are. I'm with AT&T and my real numbers are below. I see what you are getting and feel envious Mate. I pay $60 USD for the pleasure. :caution:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Not sure about the TurtleMan but I can tell you how fake my numbers are. I'm with AT&T and my real numbers are below. I see what you are getting and feel envious Mate. I pay $60 USD for the pleasure. :caution:

I thought you had got onto a better plan with that downtime you had, those figures are horrendous. I had similar speed when my phone line got damaged by a linesman in the service pit when I was on ADSL2+.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I'm supposed to be getting gigabit speeds for my $114 a month :caution:
Bloody hell, that's bad...
I'll trade you Mate. I pay about $10 a meg and you pay about $.40? I get 170Gb data allowance. How about you? :lol:

AT&T, If you are listening. You SUCK!:wtf:
I am on 50 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload, unlimited data, voip home phone, and a Fetch TV box for $80.00 a month plan with Optus.

I have been with Optus for nearly 15 years, they suck at times as well.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Bloody hell, that's bad...

I am on 50 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload, unlimited data, voip home phone, and a Fetch TV box for $80.00 a month plan with Optus.

I have been with Optus for nearly 15 years, they suck at times as well.
Sounds like a good plan to me Arctos. My phone and internet service is thru AT&T and doesn't include TV. I pay $120 a month. They can do it like that because they are the only game in town. I live in a little back water town of about 6000 residence.:caution:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
The Fetch box is a PVR so you can run the free to air tv through it to record the adverts, it has 30 free movies a month, plus you can pay for the latest movies and tv series as an extra. Various channels at a price as well.

The box is the cupboard as we do not use it any more, as we have Netflix built into the tv's now.