• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Gigabit Networking

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Oh yikes, you are encrypting? Yes, I could see where that might have an impact....

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
Oh yikes, you are encrypting? Yes, I could see where that might have an impact....
Especially if it's encrypting/decrypting on the fly.

The move to the new volume completed this morning so I'm gonna have a play tonight to see if there's any difference in speed.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
@Crush - Tsk tsk... You never mentioned that your files were encrypted. Now do I feel foolish. :eek::D

I have a boat load of cat5e patch cords coming to see if my bottleneck can be relieved. I also need to order a few PCIE slot NIC cards. Egads! It's only money I suppose. Silly me, I'm retired so it shouldn't matter what speeds I get but I paid for gigabit equipment so I want the speeds to go with it. :mad::D

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
Problem has been solved. Now I'm getting ~90mbps up and down from an unencrypted share. I guess the security person in me shall have to be quelled for now.

but I paid for gigabit equipment so I want the speeds to go with it. :mad::D
and thus, the point of this thread :)

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Problem has been solved. Now I'm getting ~90mbps up and down from an unencrypted share. I guess the security person in me shall have to be quelled for now.

and thus, the point of this thread :)
What does the tilde ~ do Crush, is that supposed to be a new wave less than symbol <. :caution:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Synology have suggested disabling encryption, but for that to occur I have to move the whole library to a non-encrypted volume.

Stay tuned :)
1st rule of requesting support - provide ALL pertinent details early....

Some people! :facepalm: