• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Gmail Redesign Incoming

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I ran my own email server for a long time but now the ISPs are blocking the ports associated with the email service. Most consider me a control freak because I like to be able to control my data flow. The online email sites have never appealed to me so as I've said before, If they don't offer POP or IMAP then I have no use for their service. I used Eudora for a long time then when it away I used Outlook Express. Now I use Outlook. It has a lot of features I don't use but I have little choice. Even that will go away in time and all you will have is the Cloud Based services. That will be the day I turn my computer off for the last time.:caution:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
You can still get Pegasus which is a free email program, I used it years ago but got onto the Outlook Express bus as well

Changed to Thunderbird when I went Win 7 which I still use for some email things.
I've been looking at Pegasus and Thunderbird. I think Thunderbird would be the better choice but I have too much invested in Microsoft Office so I will stay with Outlook for now. Or at least until Microsoft bu**ers it up with a patch.:facepalm::lol: