• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Great Free Android Apps

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I used my Google credit from the Rewards app to pay for Nova Launcher, never looked back
I still have got $7.00 credit left from a $50.00 gift card I got for xmas as well.

Spent most of it on music albums and upgraded my Zoiper app to the pro version.

I am still tossing up whether to upgrade the Nova Prime with it, decisions decissions... :D

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I am still tossing up whether to upgrade the Nova Prime with it, decisions decissions..
That money was burning a hole in my pocket, so ended up paying for Nova Prime.

I had a bit of a play with it last night, and liked what extra bits I got.

Now what can I spend my $1.01 on, hmmmmm!

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I like my weather app. I was referring to temperatures. I'm allergic to cold. :D
Sorry, it's first up in the morning not much coffee on board.

It bloody hot and humid here at the moment. I was at the bowls club yesterday arvo and we had to call the paramedics when one of the bowlers keeled over in the heat..

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Installed the Slider widget yesterday on the Oppo, as I find the volume control on the phone a pita.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.hinterhofapps.sliderwidget&hl=en

On the subject of phones, I have played around making my own unique ringtone.

While I was looking for inspiration, I came across this website that has a shipload of ringtones and wallpapers and found one I could modify.

It has the similar sort of tone that was a alternative ring in my NetComm voip modem router. Sounds good after a tweak or two, and gets me away from all of the ****ty ringtones that all sound alike at the bowls club.

Zedge have an app but it's full of adverts.... :meh:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
MedAdvisor accounts are FREE but must be activated by your pharmacist or doctor. Ask your local pharmacy to activate your account.
This basically a Australian app as far as I know, it's called MedAdvisor it helps me keep track of what 'scripts I have and how many repeats left.

Order through the app at my pharmacy of choice and the 'scripts are filled within a couple of hours, then they send a email to pick them up.

Plenty of hints and tips regarding the medication I take.

Nice and free. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=medadvisor.main&hl=en

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
This basically a Australian app as far as I know, it's called MedAdvisor it helps me keep track of what 'scripts I have and how many repeats left.

Order through the app at my pharmacy of choice and the 'scripts are filled within a couple of hours, then they send a email to pick them up.

Plenty of hints and tips regarding the medication I take.

Nice and free. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=medadvisor.main&hl=en
It seems my Pharmacy has a similar App. Thanks Mate for reminding me to look it up. Makes getting Script refill easier. :mrgreen:

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
It certainly does, I had a new 'script and all I had to do was take a photo of it with the app and it was attached to my other stuff I ordered. Just had to remember to the original with me.
All of my Scripts are faxed to my Pharmacy so I very seldom see a hand written one. :)

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
My pharmacy app will allow me to refill either with a barcode scan or selecting recent "active" scripts. Very handy indeed.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
upgraded my Zoiper app to the pro version.
I have been using Zoiper for a fair while now.

I have my main home voip service set up to divert to Zoiper if it's not answered within a period of time on my mobile, which has Zoiper installed on it with a spare MNF sip number.

Very handy when when we were away, no missed calls.

Last edited:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member