• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Great Free Android Apps

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Last edited:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have been stuck on level 61 in Hocus for close on two days, I have been every way but loose going round in circles with it i.

Messing around last night, and I stumbled on the right path and completed the level. but I would not have a clue how I did it though.

Addictive is not the word... :meh:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I keep forgetting to download Hocus. I'm getting it now :)

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I've made it to the mid-60's but only with my son's help. Somehow he can "see" the moves. I'm envious....

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Level 71 as of last night. Too damned addictive!

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I used to have a good wifi channel analyser, but it is now full of %$#$#@$ adverts, so I found this open source called funnilly enough WiFi Analyzer.

Shame my pos Sagemcom modem / router gateway is locked down and I cant shift from the 11 channel 2.4 Ghz as it does not have 5.6 available.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vrem.wifianalyzer

I was stuck on level 80 for a couple of days till I jagged it somehow, upto level 84 at the moment.
Upto level 96 in hocus.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
A few years back I was in to audio books when I was waiting to get my cataracts done.

I have a reasonable selection of books from Audible that I use with their app, I have just given them a dustoff and started to listen to them again. I also have a selection of audio books that I downloaded from Bundy Library.

These come in mp3 format and I think I played them through either WinZip ooopsie WinAmp or VLC at the time. Had a quick look on the Playstore and come up with this one called Audiobook Player.

It's free of adverts, and will also play most file formats including Apple's audiobook format, have not tried Audible's in it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.forgottenapplications.audiobook

Edit: WinZip is carp as a compression program let alone a audio player.
Edit: Audible files do not play in it.

Last edited:

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
LOL, Bear. Your commentary is always appreciated!