• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

How Much Heat Can Cause the Power Off?

napy666

http://www.nataliezworld.com/
And tonight at 10PM my laptop was this -

It did not shut down or power off either time. Just remained on and was working fine as I was surfing the web and watching videos, and listening to music.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
The Intel i5 3210M Processor has a maximum temperature of 105C. If it exceeds this maximum it should shut your laptop down. From your posted images, I would have the laptop looked at by someone you knows what to do. Your temps should never go above 85C on a normal day.

@Arctos You might have a look at the Temperature, Load and Power values on Napy's posted images. Do the values appear a bit off somehow?

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Okay, what do you want me to do with the Intel's diagnostic tool?
I would read the Intel blurb, then install the tool and just run a diagnostic check out of interest.

@Arctos You might have a look at the Temperature, Load and Power values on Napy's posted images. Do the values appear a bit off somehow?
It's pretty hot @Lord Chance, my i5 has not got upto that temp that I have noticed, I do not crunch wgc wu on it to raise the temps up. Most probably a good clean out with a can of compressed air would help.

I will not be available for the next 3 - 4 days, as I am going up to The Shed getting it ready for when my Grandsons visit from West Oz next week.