1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dismiss Notice

How to recover your data from a corrupted USB ?

Discussion in 'External Hardware Help' started by Edna, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Edna

Edna New Member iHF Newbie

I want to recover my data from my corrupted USB. I was using my USB when it shows me pop up errors. Then my data started to become remove so how can I recover the remaining data ?

2. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Data recovery is fraught with problems, do it wrong and it's gone forever. There are numerous "free" usb data recovery tools available on the net, but none give 100% guarantee that you will get your data back.

Depending on how "valuable" you consider the data, a data recovery service is the best bet but they are expensive.

Have you other backups of the data on another drive you can use...

3. Edna

Edna New Member iHF Newbie

Can you tell me more about recovery services ?

4. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Depends where you live, here in Australia a company such as Payam their charges vary.

You can Google for these type of services where you live, or look in the Yellow Pages...