• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved HP Photosmart Wireless B110 series printer

elleran

iHF Regular
WCG Team Member
I have acquired a Hewlitt Packard Photosmart Wireless B110 series printer. It's connected to power and the computer. The auto run wants me to get a driver from the net, which is my problem as I'm unsure of the next step (see pic 3). Right-click for Properties message says "Driver not installed" (derh, I know that).
(Pic 2) says "The model name of your printer is HP Universal Printing PS (v5.2)."
On the HP site the B110 isn't listed.... am I safe to continue with the instructions?

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/...ey=on&jumpid=reg_r1002_auen_c-001_title_r0002

I've got Windows 7 on my computer.

Attachments

elleran

iHF Regular
WCG Team Member
I have acquired a Hewlitt Packard Photosmart Wireless B110 series printer. It's connected to power and the computer. The auto run wants me to get a driver from the net, which is my problem as I'm unsure of the next step (see pic 3). Right-click for Properties message says "Driver not installed" (derh, I know that).
(Pic 2) says "The model name of your printer is HP Universal Printing PS (v5.2)."
On the HP site the B110 isn't listed.... am I safe to continue with the instructions?

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/...ey=on&jumpid=reg_r1002_auen_c-001_title_r0002

I've got Windows 7 on my computer.
By the way... I'm in the real world now with the internet connection. I now have National Broadband Network connection, a faster and more efficient service than the horribly slow and intermittent mobile broadband dongle thing that was all that was available up until now. Yay!

jmarket

iHF Newbie
iHF Regular
Hi there,

Have you tried downloading the driver directly from HP's website for your printer? Sometimes Windows doesn't always find the correct driver, so we have to find it ourselves ;)

Rustys

No would not continue with the current file all that is is a unversial print driver and it may not have worked even if it did no guarantee that it would of give full function except to print. (hope that made sence).

The link in my previous post is for US English not sure where you are. You should be able to change the language if needed.

elleran

iHF Regular
WCG Team Member

elleran

iHF Regular
WCG Team Member
No would not continue with the current file all that is is a unversial print driver and it may not have worked even if it did no guarantee that it would of give full function except to print. (hope that made sence).

The link in my previous post is for US English not sure where you are. You should be able to change the language if needed.
I'm in Australia...and no...that didn't make sense.

Rustys

I am in the United States so I was not to sure if you needed a different language for the driver (software) or not.

jmarket

iHF Newbie
iHF Regular
There's a list with a, b, c,d,e after the number B110. My printer hasn't got any letter after it. when I clicked on all of the links, the photo looks the same in each. Do I take a punt and click on one and would it make any damage if i guess incorrectly?
It won't cause any damage. The worst thing that can happen is that the computer can't communcate with the printer and vice-versa, hence a non-functioning printer.That's what a driver is used for. :) One of the worst times you can use a wrong driver is for a chipset, which can cause a bricked CPU.

P.S. The letter after 110 is probably the revision number of the printer.

elleran

iHF Regular
WCG Team Member
It won't cause any damage. The worst thing that can happen is that the computer can't communcate with the printer and vice-versa, hence a non-functioning printer.That's what a driver is used for. :) One of the worst times you can use a wrong driver is for a chipset, which can cause a bricked CPU.

P.S. The letter after 110 is probably the revision number of the printer.
thank you. Can you get rid of the gun in your photo? I find it offensive.

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
No would not continue with the current file. All that is is a universal print driver and it may not have worked. Even if it did, no guarantee that it would of give full function. It would likely only print. (hope that made sense).

Rusty could have used some punctuation in the above :) Permit me to edit to make sense of this. Please see my edit above.

Did you try the "Detect my product" on the HP page, Elleran? I've just checked the driver software suggested for the A, B, C, D & E versions of the printer. They are all the same. You would be safe, Elleran, using any of the product links. They all lead to the same software - the HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers 2014-08-22 , Version14.0.0, 145.63M

Last edited:

elleran

iHF Regular
WCG Team Member
Rusty could have used some punctuation in the above :) Permit me to edit to make sense of this. Please see my edit above.

Did you try the "Detect my product" on the HP page, Elleran? I've just checked the driver software suggested for the A, B, C, D & E versions of the printer. They are all the same. You would be safe, Elleran, using any of the product links. They all lead to the same software - the HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers 2014-08-22 , Version14.0.0, 145.63M
I didn't see the "Detect my product"... I get lost in technicalities. But all's well etc

JoninOz

iHF Regular
I am in the United States so I was not to sure if you needed a different language for the driver (software) or not.
I am in Australia and have a HP wireless printer. Usually one has an installation disk, although it is known now that installations are direct from the HP web site.
Hopefully your computer has all the required security protection, so go to the HP web site for the drivers, the automatic search function with HP will check your unit and advise further>
Make sure that you only click on the genuine HP web site, many of my senior clients are getting problems by not reading and understanding every word on a download page.
This is the correct HP link.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

JoninOz

iHF Regular
Welcome JoninOz... Is it true that in Australia you have to install CDs upside down? Just kidding, I think.
Nay wee laddie, but coming here from Britain, it was hard to get used to the water in the sink running down the plug-hole the wrong way....... as true as me standing here on one leg.......