• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

I just bought...

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I picked up this Oximeter last week. it helps me keep a check on my heart rate and how much oxygen is in the blood.

It connects to the computer via USB or WIFI.

Heart rate is up in the pix as the manager just told me that club had no beer...

Edit: Typos

Last edited:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Capture.JPG

Had a bit of a printer shake up at the office. The boss' wife needed a new printer to connect to her non-LPT1 enabled computer, the secretary needed a new printer to replace hers that was given to the boss' wife. Short story, boss' wife wasn't happy, so she has a new LaserJet, the secretary has her original printer back, and I got the printer purchased for the secretary. Not a bad purchase and high time to replace my OJ7780.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
View attachment 378

Had a bit of a printer shake up at the office. The boss' wife needed a new printer to connect to her non-LPT1 enabled computer, the secretary needed a new printer to replace hers that was given to the boss' wife. Short story, boss' wife wasn't happy, so she has a new LaserJet, the secretary has her original printer back, and I got the printer purchased for the secretary. Not a bad purchase and high time to replace my OJ7780.
I like to hear that...:D

Highlander

The Immortal
iHF Master Craftsman
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I recently bought a HP printer, but it has an auto-off feature. Just as I'm about the print something, I find it has turned itself off. I hate that feature and I can't turn the feature off.
The printer works fine as long as it's still powered on.

LoneWolf_53

Cap'n Crunch
iHF Master Craftsman
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
As far as I'm concerned HP has been doing its utmost, to annoy me with stupid proprietary stuff, inferior choices, and annoying features, in an effort to chase me away, and they finally succeeded.

It used to make me furious to try and be frugal with ink, since it cost me around $130 to replace cartridges on the inkjet printer, simply to have to purchase replacements anyway because the ones in it that were more than three quarters full of ink, quit working, and no amount of cleaning the heads would rectify the situation.

Switched to my Canon, no longer have that issue, plus I can replace all the ink for $25.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
View attachment 378

I've got the OfficeJet Pro 8500. My only grip with it is HP packages too much with the drivers so if you are not careful you will install stuff you don't need. :)

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I recently bought a HP printer, but it has an auto-off feature. Just as I'm about the print something, I find it has turned itself off. I hate that feature and I can't turn the feature off.
The printer works fine as long as it's still powered on.
What printer do you have Highlander? Mine goes to sleep but as soon as I need it the printer wakes up.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Highlander

The Immortal
iHF Master Craftsman
Advisor
WCG Team Member
This is what I found out from the HP support people...
Double click on the HP Deskjet 1051 series (mine is the 1056) icon on the desktop.
This should open HP Printer assistant window on the computer screen.
Double click on the Ink Levels and It should bring up a new window
Click on the Advanced Settings Tab
You should be able to see the option for Auto off > From the drop down select Disable
Guess what, the Auto off feature is grayed out.
They couldn't even get the model number correct.
Thanks a lot HP.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
This is what I found out from the HP support people...

Guess what, the Auto off feature is grayed out.
They couldn't even get the model number correct.
Thanks a lot HP.
That is one of the pitfalls of a HP printer. The manuals are written to cover several models in a series. The only real way to tell them apart is by using the Product Number from the tag on the printer. The serial number is also important.

Highlander

The Immortal
iHF Master Craftsman
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Then, why didn't HP Support ask me for them?
They were more interested in my address and phone number.

There is a girl down the street that I wish would ask me for my phone number, but no joy. <sob> <sob>

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Then, why didn't HP Support ask me for them?
They were more interested in my address and phone number.

There is a girl down the street that I wish would ask me for my phone number, but no joy. <sob> <sob>
Because HP support isn't. True support is not based in India.:caution:

At my age I just forget what my number is and what my interest in her was. :D

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Capture.JPG

Installed a YardMax dog fence yesterday. Hoping to start training the dogs this week. Shouldn't take long :)