• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

I just bought...

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Oh! How I miss those 8 bit sprites just like the C= 64 had.

I wonder if there is a Commodore version...
They are using Mame to run a lot of those old roms. It is funny that building the box for a full sized arcade machine will cost more than the electronics to go inside. LOL

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
They are using Mame to run a lot of those old roms. It is funny that building the box for a full sized arcade machine will cost more than the electronics to go inside. LOL
I remember NASA bought up a lot of the old chip sets either for the shuttle, or some other piece of space junk that is whizzing around in space.

I wonder at times what happened to all of the old arcade machines that were replaced by the pokies when they became legal in Queensland. Both the the Buffs and Irish clubs had a ship load of them. Some plurry good games on them as well.

Loved to have got one...

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I wonder at times what happened to all of the old arcade machines that were replaced by the pokies when they became legal in Queensland. Both the the Buffs and Irish clubs had a ship load of them. Some plurry good games on them as well.

Loved to have got one...
I know where a warehouse full of the old arcade machines are but they won't sell them for some reason. I tried to buy one or two. :confused:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I know where a warehouse full of the old arcade machines are but they won't sell them for some reason. I tried to buy one or two. :confused:
That's similar to poker machines, the bowls club where I am a member had some financial difficulties a few years back and they sold six of their licences but not the machines as they were not wanted.

I asked what they were going to do with them and they said they would be broken up for parts, as they were not allowed to sell to anyone without a licence...

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Mmmmmm P, very nice mate.

Build your retro gamer LC...
That is on my list Arctos. I can see several uses for it. The gamer as you suggest, maybe a media center or a low power file server to carry when Lady Whisper comes to take me on a photo shoot. She has been needing something better that her monster laptop. The Pi 3 has built in Wifi and Bluetooth. It is a nice package at $35 USD. :)

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
As handy as a shirt pocket Mate. I just bought a hand full of the 16Gb at the local WalMart for $1 USD. I can afford to hand them out so I can save my good flash drives. :D
I bought a load of SanDisks 4GB when they were selling them 5 for $20.00 at Officeworks, I have never seen one of them back.. It's got to the stage if mates who visit and want some music or a video or three better have a usb drive with them or they have buckleys of getting anymore from me.

I have a sh!tty looking Corsair Flash Voyager I paid $80.00 for at the time this when 4gig usb drives were just coming out here. I do not use it any more and will not lend out because what it cost me...:meh:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
My Corsair Voyager was a great investment as far as I'm concerned. It hasn't missed a beat and it's darn near indestructible.
I almost think I could run over it but don't want to find out quite that badly. :D
Here's a pix of mine, it feels sticky on the black bit...

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I bought two of these a while back for $10 each
Pretty cheap at that price, I picked up a 32 gig Verbatim for $10.00 the same time as I got the HP and printer. I put a 7gig music folder on it and it died on me.

The SanDisk cost me $30.00 which is about the going price for that capacity here, it's the freightmate that gets you...