• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

I just bought...

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Looks good LC, I wish my ISP would give us a decent vdsl modem router, than the crippled pos Sagemcom F@st 3864 that we have been issued with.
The router has done wonders for my LAN but nothing can help my crappy DSL service. It may be possible to bypass your router functions Arctos. I assume you are still with Optus so if I read correctly then they allow you to roll you own. Looks like if you do then they won't support your chosen modem and router but if they are anything like AT&T then the support is next to useless anyway.:meh:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
It may be possible to bypass your router functions Arctos. I assume you are still with Optus so if I read correctly then they allow you to roll you own.
They have the VOIP sip settings locked down for the phone which also uses the router, there is a script floating around the net that can access and decrypt the settings but it does not last long.

I used a Netcomm which I bought for the NBN, but the Gubberment changed the plan A to FTTN intead of FTTH, hense me having to use the Sagemcom.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
It's a matter of having to use voip with Optus as I had my pots phone line with them for years, so had to go with the flow when I had the NBN installed.

I have also been using another voip service with MyNetFone for a good many years, plug the Gigaset phone into a ethernet port on a router as I have the sip settings which makes it easier to set up.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I got that Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro smart phone last week that I mentioned elsewhere.

I finally got it set up the way I want it, put Nova Prime as the loader pretty much the same icon sets as I had on the other pos phone I have.

32 gig of storage space, and will take a 256 gig memory card to put stuff on.

A good price as well.

Last edited:

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I got that Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro smart phone last week that I mentioned elsewhere.

I finally got it set up the way I want it, put Nova Prime as the loader pretty much the same icon sets as I had on the other pos phone I have.

32 gig of storage space, and will take a 256 gig memory card to put stuff on.

A good price as well.
Nice phone Arctos. Roomy and fast. Just like my ex-wife. :lol:

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I am not allowed to buy 256 memory tho', I had a spare 32 gig card that I took out of the old Samsung tablet I had so using that at present.

I have never have had a ex wife. :caution:
I had a couple of spare 64Gb microSD cards around here somewhere. That has always been plenty for me. I picked up a hand full of SanDisk 32Gb cards at Wal Marts for $9 a piece. Nice find and they are perfect for my Nikon DSLR camera.. :mrgreen: