• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

I just bought...

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
One of my D-Link DNS-321 NasBoxes has started to show its age so I decided to replace it. I looked at QNAP and Synology and others but they were either too pricey for this old penny pincher or they didn't have the features I wanted. I think I found a good compromise. What do you think? :)

TerraMaster F2-210.png

I just replaced an old home built NAS device with a Western Digital My Cloud EX2 Ultra . It is ok but I am not completely happy with it. I have to keep my 32Tb's of storage running somehow. The TerraMaster F2-210 comes tomorrow. Wish me luck. :)

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have never had a NAS setup so really cannot say, looks ok tho'.

I have not bought anything for a while, not since the chromebook anyway.

We have been talking about buying a new truck but not sure yet which brand. It's got to have ****loads of legroom for me to be able to drive it safely, so negates the Toyota's which I rather like the look of.

So we are left between another Colorado, a Ford Ranger, or a VW Amarok the main thing is it must be manual gearbox again.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have never had a NAS setup so really cannot say, looks ok tho'.

I have not bought anything for a while, not since the chromebook anyway.

We have been talking about buying a new truck but not sure yet which brand. It's got to have ****loads of legroom for me to be able to drive it safely, so negates the Toyota's which I rather like the look of.

So we are left between another Colorado, a Ford Ranger, or a VW Amarok the main thing is it must be manual gearbox again.
I have an old 1997 Ford F150 setting out in the driveway with the 5 speed manual. I had to quit driving it because my knees got bad enough that it was difficult to press the clutch pedal. I put 480,000 km on that old truck. That means I drove that truck around the world 10 times. :lol:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have an old 1997 Ford F150 setting out in the driveway with the 5 speed manual. I had to quit driving it because my knees got bad enough that it was difficult to press the clutch pedal. I put 480,000 km on that old truck. That means I drove that truck around the world 10 times. :lol:
That's a point as well, my left knee is stuffed which is the clutch knee, it's not to bad on the Colorado but on a new one might give me a problem. Might have to rethink a bit.

Got about 350,000 km on the clock it's been around Australia a few times, all around Queensland except for the point bit as we have never been up that far.

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
That's a point as well, my left knee is stuffed which is the clutch knee, it's not to bad on the Colorado but on a new one might give me a problem. Might have to rethink a bit.

Got about 350,000 km on the clock it's been around Australia a few times, all around Queensland except for the point bit as we have never been up that far.
As much as I hate to admit I'm getting old it's there before me Mate. I could buy me a Limo and hire a driver but I'm not ready to take that final back seat ride. Even when I take that ride I want them to prop me in the front seat so I can see where I'm going and when I arrive. :lol:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I do miss a manual. I'll have to see if I can locate something to at least give the kids a taste of shifting gears or braking on a hill. ;)

Lord Chance

iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I do miss a manual. I'll have to see if I can locate something to at least give the kids a taste of shifting gears or braking on a hill. ;)
You are still but a Sweet Young Lass. If you really want to exercise the knees then take up grape stomping. The world needs more wine. ;)