1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dismiss Notice

Is Fixing a Computer Worth It?

Discussion in 'Tech Lounge' started by napy666, Apr 7, 2017.

1. napy666

napy666 http://www.nataliezworld.com/ iHF Regular

I am thinking of taking in my laptop to a computer shop, to get the audio fixed on it. Remember none of you were able to solve that issue, with my laptop's sound, sounding off. Well my parents are annoyned by it's sound quality and want me to get it fixed. But in reality is it really worth the time and money? I got this laptop like 2012 or 2013 up until now, so don't you think it is just going to die out, and hence I would have wasted time and money on it, and I could have just bought a new laptop altogether? Or should I save this one and just get it fixed?

2. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Natalie dear young lady, the answer depends on you and what you want and expect. I must admit that 4 years in a laptops life is a long time but I personally have had computers that were ten years old or better. I dislike buying new if the old is still serviceable. Is the laptop worth fixing? That I can not say. I only have the little information you can give to make a judgement so in truth you must decide. I used to own a computer service business and were you to bring it to me I would evaluate the laptop's condition then tell you what I found and what it would cost you so you could make an informed decision. My advice would be to seek out a service shop you trust and let them give you an opinion.

One other thing young lady, when you ask for help on a problem it is your responsibility to follow the advice given and answer the questions asked. Remember that you are the person fixing your laptop. We are trying to advise you how to best go about the task. We have to see through your eyes so to speak so the information that is asked for must be good and factual. We understand not everyone is a technician so we try to be patient. We also understand the person we are trying to help can become frustrated so again we try to be patient. We only ask the same from the person we are trying to help. By working together most problems can be solved.:)

Arctos, DCiAdmin and LoneWolf_53 like this.
  3. napy666

uh 0k.

4. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

You were told what to do to solve this problem both by myself and @Lord Chance a couple of months back, you will / did not follow the instructions given to fix the problem.

You are of a age (according to your profile you are 29) where you can tell your parents to mind their own business. :meh:

Lord Chance likes this.
  5. napy666

Well I am sorry for the way I was back then. As for right now and the issue at hand here. I decided to just use my laptop up until it dies out altogether whenever that happens. It is 5 years old and counting haha.