1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dismiss Notice

Is my Laptop About to Die?

Discussion in 'Virus, Spyware and Malware Removal Help' started by napy666, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

You need not be sorry about anything young one. Old LC has not been feeling well and can not spend much time online. That is the only reason I have not been more involved. I will try to find some answers for you but it will take me some time so I must ask for your patience and forgiveness. :)

driver_ian likes this.
  2. napy666

napy666 http://www.nataliezworld.com/ iHF Regular

Alright sounds good to me then. :)

3. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Napy, I have read back thru this thread and the other posted by you and I must tell you that old LC have a headache. Fortunate for you I have medication for that. :D

Now if you would be kind enough to clarify some things for me.

1st. The sound issue didn't start until you upgraded to Windows 10. Is this correct?
    2nd. The sound issue only happens when the volume is above 50%?
    3rd. Your laptop has the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio and you have the Beats Audio controller software installed?

If you have answered yes to all three then go to HP Customer Support , download and install the drivers called High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver. These are audio drivers to fix known audio issues.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  4. napy666

1st - Yes and no when I first updated to Windows 10, the audio was working fine, a 50% or 100% just fine, the audio started acting up recently, like maybe this fall September to present time period maybe.

2nd - It happens at 50%, 100% at all number really.

3rd - Yes it has those two programs installed.

4th - I did go there and download and install those drivers and the audio is still sounding the same way. :(

5. Lord Chance

The only thing left at the moment is go to the Windows Mobility Center and disable the HP 3D DriveGuard. I do not know what that would have to do with your issue but it has been suggested as a fix. :)

6. napy666

Sorry I don't know what that is and I don't want to disable it and risk my laptop getting more ruined. What is it?

7. Lord Chance

Remember posting this?

2017-01-05_220220.png

Just click disable protection to switch it off. You only need it off just long enough to test your audio then you can turn it back on if you feel uncomfortable with it off.

Crush likes this.
  8. napy666

Here's the thing, I did disable that and I tried the audio and the audio still sounded the same. Let's face it, nothing I do will fix this audio.

9. Lord Chance

Then you are convinced? I will ask one of the MODs to close this out for you. :)

10. napy666

Wait what convinced on what? My issue is not solved here. I want to know what the problem is here. Is it indeed my laptop's audio and sound card or is it my laptop getting ready to die out altogether?

11. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

12. driver_ian

driver_ian In at the Deep End... Administrator iHF Legend Security Advisor

Thread closed as requested.

Please continue with this in your other thread in the Internal Hardware firums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.