1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dismiss Notice

Is my Laptop About to Die?

Discussion in 'Virus, Spyware and Malware Removal Help' started by napy666, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crush

Crush I am admin, ruler of my domain Administrator iHF Master Craftsman

2. Pancake

Pancake To Protect and Serve Moderator iHF Master Craftsman Security Advisor

You will need to un-restore your computer to get your notes back.

DCiAdmin likes this.
  3. Pancake

Pancake To Protect and Serve Moderator iHF Master Craftsman Security Advisor

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

Go to that folder and you can see a file with a name "Bookmarks".

4. napy666

napy666 http://www.nataliezworld.com/ iHF Regular

How do I do that? And BEFORE I restored my computer, I did create an export of my bookmarks and put it in a folder for my x drive but that export of the bookmarks is gone. So not sure if google saved me those bookmarks when I exported them, before I restored my computer or not.

5. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Always room to learn a bit more Administrator iHF Legend WCG Team Member

Napy,

You've done a Factory Restore of your computer, right? I don't believe that it's possible to "un-restore" your computer without jumping through a boatload of hoops and hoping that the data wasn't overwritten during the Factory Restore.

Is your "X" drive intact? If so, sort the files in X by date. Are you certain that your bookmarks aren't there? Also, if it was Chrome that you originally exported from, IF you use Chrome while logged in, your bookmarks would be saved in the Google Cloud. Have you tried logging into Chrome?

As for your audio issue, have you checked the laptop manufacturer's site for updated audio drivers? It's amazing what a simple driver update can accomplish when things aren't working the best.

6. DCiAdmin

DCiAdmin Always room to learn a bit more Administrator iHF Legend WCG Team Member

double dipping :)
    Just a thought on the audio - have you tried connecting to external speakers? Do you hear the audio issue there as well? That would give you an idea if the problem is audio card (issue noticed on laptop speakers & other device, ie external speakers) or if it's limited to your laptop (failing speakers, perhaps).

7. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

Getting stuff back when it's been over written by a reformat ot factory reinstall is not going to happen without a sh!t load of money.

I had Natalie on the right track please let her try it first...

Edit: FFS I am out of here...

Malnutrition likes this.
  8. napy666

Alright so forget the bookmarks and the notes they are gone that topic is done. Next topic is the audio issue, which is bothering me really badly. I do have a bluetooth speaker I could try but not sure if it will work out so well.

9. napy666

Also what does the 360 total secruity, do when the window pops up and it says security update found 171, patch?

10. napy666

Alright I got one blutooth speaker, which I am trying out right now, and the volume is at 50 and it sounds fine. BUT when I turn up the volume to 100 ALL of this on my laptop, the bluooth is connected that way. the audio has this high piercing squeak noise to it.

11. DCiAdmin

Audio at 100 on most devices will not sound quality. How is it at 70, 80, or 85? The louder you wish to go with the audio, the better your equipment should be to get a quality sound. I would need to traipse back through the thread to find out the specs on your equipment.

I've been reading backwards, and it seems that my posts above are really just a repeat of information that you've already received from Arctos. He's got you on the right path with the software recommendations, and honestly, I don't know of anyone on the forum more well versed in audio/visual with their computer, so you're in good hands. As far as your 360 AV question, I'll have to leave that to him to address as well. I haven't ever used that application.

12. napy666

No matter the volume the audio quality just sounds awful, I even updated the audio's drivers and it still sounds bad. Again the laptop i own is a HP dv7-7020us model, had it since 2012-2013 time, I use it all the time like 9AM to 12AM everyday watching videos, listening to music, etc.

13. DCiAdmin

That's quite a system, Napy! I've just checked the specs. With fully functioning audio, there would be no reason that you couldn't be happy for quite a while yet with that system.

Did you ever have good audio after you updated to Windows 10? Also, when you did the Factory Restore, the OS restored back to Windows 7, as it was when you purchased, correct? But the audio issue remained, right?

I have an odd question for you, Napy. Is the audio issue still there if you have the power cord REMOVED from the laptop? Does the audio issue change if you have the power cord removed?

I'm going off to scout the Internet for some answers. Hopefully while I'm away, Bear will return and provide continued guidance. He truly has an ear for audio and will lead you down a good path.
    @Arctos

14. DCiAdmin

Double Dipping....

Others with your laptop model and audio issues - not as well described as yours - have indicated that the below resolved things for them. Might be worth a try. If there is no change, you can easily reverse the steps to get back to original configuration.

15. napy666

Yes the audio acted this way when using Windows 10 and then downgrading back to Windows 7, with power chord plugged in and not plugged in same deal. I don't know if Bear will talk to me I think he's upset with me or something maybe not sure.

16. DCiAdmin

But was the audio *always* bad in Windows 10? You *never* had quality audio in Windows 10?

No, I'm wouldn't think Bear is angry with you. I'm working to sort that out now. No worries for you, Napy :)

17. napy666

Mine does not have that section, see.....

Attached Files:

18. DCiAdmin

Bottom left icon, Napy :)

19. napy666

When I first updated to W10 audio and everything was great. Just recently with W10 and now W7 audio went to carp.

20. napy666

I disabled what you said but audio is still the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.