• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

KB4019472 More Cumulative Bloat

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have just installed this "update". Now my notebook is not the fastest loggerhead up the beach, but 45 minutes for a update install.

I dread to think how long this plurry "Creator" update is going to take to install, might just leave the HP on and bügger off for a week.

Hopefully it will be installed when I get back. :meh:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Sounds like you received an OS refresh, not just a series of updates. Most are quite quick. I don't believe that what you have experienced is the norm. But then again, I update my PC overnight; I never notice :)

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Dear Lord! Then I am especially glad that I patch while I sleep :)

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I have no problems with the actual download, it.s the actual restart that gives me the problem.

I shut the lid on the HP at night as it wakes up from a black screen and we get a sudden butrst of light from where I used it last. I do not know if M$ can wake it up with the lid closed, I have set the time for them to restart it when not busy, but one bit is greyed out and I cant set that up.

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I don't believe it is possible to wake a lappy with the lid closed. But I don't know that I've ever tried....