• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

keypad entries not recognized when engaged in a call

Cristoff

iHF Regular
WCG Team Member
the title pretty much says it all. I have a Samsung S5 that my wife got online and is "unlocked". My carrier is Metro PCS, but the phone is originally from Verizon. I do not know what other info you might need.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
It's My Birthday!
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
the title pretty much says it all. I have a Samsung S5 that my wife got online and is "unlocked". My carrier is Metro PCS, but the phone is originally from Verizon. I do not know what other info you might need.
Hello Cristoff. Is this issue happening when you are trying to retrieve voice mail? It may be that your phone is set to car mode. See if this helps. :)

1) Go to your drop down tool box menu
2) Select car mode to turn it on
3) Exit out of car mode
4) Return to the drop down tool box menu to turn off the car mode.
5) Try calling your voicemail now.

If the above does not resolve your issue then try setting the DTMF tone to long. If the DTMF tone setting does not appear in settings, turn off contacts. The DTMF tone option should now be available. Set the DTMF tone long then turn contacts back on.

Screenshot_2014-12-11-17-51-37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: