• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Kindle 3 will not connect to Win 10

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Not a Fire? I think I've only got Fires & one Paperwhite to test with. Let me know if it's a Paperwhite. I would be happy to test for you.

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
That looks like Tessa's Paperwhite. I'll see if I can't get her to track that down and do some testing for you.

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
You can't shut me down before I even start :)
Would not do that mate. :D

We are going to have a look for the other identical gen 3 Kindle and see if the problem persists.

I have removed the Kindle drivers in device manager, so hopefully it will fix the problem...

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
My support might be slower than originally anticipated. I wasn't thinking when I said I would grab the daughter's Paperwhite to test. That would involve 1) her knowing where the Paperwhite is 2) her being home to find it 3) her wanting to take the time to do me a favor

God willing and the wind blowing from the right direction - I hope to be able to address this soon :D

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Is it possible to reset the broken one to "factory" specs and let it reload its OS?

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Is it possible to reset the broken one to "factory" specs and let it reload its OS?
Kindle 3 reset
  • Hold down power slider 20 seconds. Release.
  • Hold down HOME key.
  • Type RESET when the reset screen shows up
  • Type R at the next menu
It's gone where all of my faulty stuff goes in to the junk box.

I have put the "converts" I wanted on to the shed gen 3, and all is well in the house of the bear...

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
That's no fun Mate. Once you have a replacement you are supposed to tinker with it until you fix it or render it totally inoperable. :D
Wasted enough time on the pos mate, I will stick my big screwdriver clean through it later...