• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Linux A Pentium 4

Presiding Cat

I Don't know enough about Banshee, but what happens when you open Banshee and navigate wit it to your music folder, Does Banshee show them all then?
The Screen shot in post 171 shows where they are located CD... The music folder is in the left pane... And it shows the albums in the window to the left... And I can not put any more music in there...

Last edited:

Presiding Cat

It looks as though it is Good by Banshee... Hello Clementine and Sound Juicer... Problem taken care of... I hope...

Highlander

The Immortal
iHF Master Craftsman
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Thanks for that, ill have a read. As I said before though it doesn't get used for much apart from crunching. Have to say Ive never had any issues with any part of it, so the warning may not mean much?
CD - I don't know about you, but I can't tell which updates do what so I do the updates as insurance. Like you, I use my Linux machine solely for crunching, but that's all the more reason to keep the system running smoothly.

Presiding Cat

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Like Windows, Linux often has more than one one way of performing the same task. Terminal has always been part of Linux and used to perform tasks long before pretty icons that do the same thing. Bit like many DOS commands that still apply in Windows today.

You should never see level 4 and 5 updates unless you've changed the options to show them..

Presiding Cat

I upgraded to Linux Mint 17 3 today (via the update manager) and all seems well...

LoneWolf_53

Cap'n Crunch
iHF Master Craftsman
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Another vote for any flavor of Linux Mint. It's come a long way from when a person had to be a geek to get Linux working on a PC as it would choke on hardware issues.

My last few installs I'd have to say Linux Mint installed faster than Windows and with less hassle.

My preferred version is KDE, but it's nice that they have four to choose from.

Presiding Cat

Another vote for any flavor of Linux Mint. It's come a long way from when a person had to be a geek to get Linux working on a PC as it would choke on hardware issues.

My last few installs I'd have to say Linux Mint installed faster than Windows and with less hassle.

My preferred version is KDE, but it's nice that they have four to choose from.
Indeed it has come a long way... I wonder what took them so long... I think I will try the other versions on another computer...

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Indeed it has come a long way... I wonder what took them so long......
I think what took so long my friend is the lack of consensus to put it kindly. If you look at all of the Distros and branches you will get a feeling that few could agree on how to put it all together. I beta tested Red Hat and Fedora for a time and had to endure the constant squabbles about what feature was more important or how to code this or that. Then when the pissing contest went too far the programmers would part ways taking the bits they were working on leaving the others to start over on that particular build. Eventually some of the programmers grew up and settled into a good working relationship which accounts for the speedier progress. :)