• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Linux A Pentium 4

Presiding Cat

Whenever Ive installed a printer through linux, which is the way you now describe you are trying, I have never had to look at, or choose drivers, simply followed the prompts.[/QUOTE
Printrers.png
The software searches for the drivers but does not find them... And when I click on add... This is what I get...
ADD Printer.png
When I select DCP-7065DN and click on forward... This is what I get...
DCP-7065DN.png
When I click forward this is what I get...
Brother.png
My printer model # DCP-7065DN is not listed... After clicking on forward the correct model # is listed...Choose.png
After clicking on apply... After a couple of posts asking me if I want to print a test page... This is what happens...
Test Page.png
And then the Printer goes through the actions of printing and empties the paper tray without printing anything...

Note: It appears the reason that I was previously asked to look at, or choose drivers... Had to be due to the computer being messed up from following those other instructions...

Presiding Cat

Test Page.png

Latest one.png

Last edited:

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Last edited:

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
The link in post 138 at brothers site gave details of this, but was not used??

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
The link in post 138 at brothers site gave details of this, but was not used??
I have not read all of this thread, once I see the mention of a multifunction printer, I lose interest.

I never have had problems installing my Brother HL-1430 laser printer on Linux, it picked up the driver for it straight away in Mint.same joy with all of the other Linux versions I have tried.

Win 7 is the only that does not have a driver for mine, but the Vista one works a treat...

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
once I see the mention of a multifunction printer, I lose interest.
Yes agreed, accessing all the features of an aio can be a hassle fullstop, and usually involves considerable bloatware.

Presiding Cat

I never have had problems installing my Brother HL-1430 laser printer on Linux, it picked up the driver for it straight away in Mint.same joy with all of the other Linux versions I have tried.
Win 7 is the only that does not have a driver for mine, but the Vista one works a treat...
I have never used anything other than (All in ones)... And I do not see any reason to change now... This exercise only needs to be a one time event... Once I find the drivers I plan to put them on a disk, and store them for later use...

My Brother AIO came with an installation disk for windows... Easy peassy...

Thank you for post # 164 Bear...

Presiding Cat

After creating a play list in Banshee 2.6.2... Where dose it show up? How do I find it?

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Hello PC, unless you've changed it, they should be in your "Music" folder. Several ways to get there but click the Menu button on the taskbar, then places, then Music on its sub menu:)

Presiding Cat

Screenshot from 2015-11-19 00:11:06.png
I am unable to get any more than 12 albums to show up in the window above... Why is that? Is there a place some where that one can change a setting or something?

Banshee 2.6.2

Last edited:

Highlander

The Immortal
iHF Master Craftsman
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Do you see that your Update Manager has files available for downloading?

Presiding Cat

Do you see that your Update Manager has files available for downloading?
Yes I was aware of that... noticed it right after I took that screen shot... Was very tired and decided I would take care of it the following day... But thanks for pointing that out...

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I know Banshee is a basic player but it certainly should hold more than that. I fear you may have saved them somewhere else? Check you haven't put them in your "Music" folder?

I'm off to install updates before Highlander sees my taskbar alert.........oops

Last edited:

Highlander

The Immortal
iHF Master Craftsman
Advisor
WCG Team Member
CD - recommend you also run the UPDATE and UPGRADE commands.
I've often found that whenever the Update Manager showed updates available UPGRADE finds other updates that the Update Manager didn't provide.
At worse, it will just come back as a negative report.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Yes Thanks for that, trouble is I never turn the monitor on, just use it for crunching and have a keyboard shortcut to shut it down. Ill check for upgrades as well and see?

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Checked, yes 27 upgrades, but a terrible message in the mountain of stuff..

"No support for locale: en_au"

might have to use another poor country, maybe the US?:caution::D

Thanks for the reminder to check upgrades after updating, all good:)

Presiding Cat

Ya they are in the music folder CD...

20.2.1. Organizing Your Music¶ http://doc.opensuse.org/documentation/html/openSUSE_113/opensuse-apps/cha.banshee.html#sec.banshee.manage

To create a new playlist, click Media+New Playlist (or press Ctrl+N). A new playlist is displayed below Music Library in the left panel. To rename it, right-click the playlist, select Rename and enter the name you want. To fill the new playlist, drag songs from the right-hand side of the window to the relevant playlist entry and drop them, or use the options on the Edit menu to remove or delete songs and rename or delete playlists. You can sort a playlist by clicking the title of the column. Click the column again to reverse the sort. You can also right-click Music Library, then click Sort Playlists.
I fear you may have saved them somewhere else? Check you haven't put them in your "Music" folder?

Last edited:

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I Don't know enough about Banshee, but what happens when you open Banshee and navigate wit it to your music folder, Does Banshee show them all then?