• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Look what I made. patio furniture...

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Hey LC my friend. It has cost nothing to make so far. I have a supply of hard wood pallets so they don't even need treated. The chiminea is the drum from a washing machine.
You are a man of many talents. I just had some men haul off the old patio set I bought many years ago. To me, it was not well made so I was afraid to use it. I like your idea better.

Twitch6000

Person Of All Kinds
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I wish I had the talent of building some cool stuff....

Very nice stuff y'all got going on.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Hi Veeg. The wood is Dutch hard wood and doesn't need treated. Holding up well so far. Been using it every weekend since It was built. Her it is now. Table sheeted in and tiled.

View attachment 150
I took a better look at the wood you used Robin. I know you use a different way of measuring thickness but if I am not mistaken, In the U.S. the thickness of those boards would be what we call 5/4 lumber. Run through a thickness planer and sander I bet the wood you have would be nice for other things as well. What I wouldn't give to get back into wood working. :)

LoneWolf_53

Cap'n Crunch
iHF Master Craftsman
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
It's amazing what you can scrounge up in the way of pallets and shipping lumber.
I worked at a place where the aluminium stock that came in was shipped sitting on 4"x4"x4' pieces of hickory wood.
That was some hard stuff, and made an excellent strong work bench you could pound anything on and it wouldn't budge.