• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Solved Malewarebytes Pro will not work

Ian

Hi
My malwarebytes pro has worked perfectly since I bought it in March last year. However, now if I click on the icon for Malwarebytes I get the message for me to allow malwarebytes to make changes to my computer. however, when I agree the message just disappears and nothing happens.
I have tried running something called chameleon but although it appears to run it ends up saying that it has terminated, press any key to continue. when you do that it disappears.

I have also tried running Malwarebytes in safe mode but get the error message:
"The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occurred in the application at location 0x7433d6fd. Click on OK to terminate the program"

I am running windows 8.1 pro.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ian

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Welcome, Ian. Not sure if it's going to be an issue with Malwarebytes or your Operating System. I'll get one of the malware guys on this as soon as possible.

driver_ian

In at the Deep End...
Administrator
Security Advisor
iHF Legend
Hello Ian and welcome to iHelpforum.
You can try veeg's suggestion but remember to reboot the machine before reinstalling.

Can you also run through the Malware Prework linked in my signature line and post the resulting logs back here.. This will give us a better idea of what is going on inside your machine.

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
We did run malware checks on another forum and some malware was removed. Maybe the pre-work will turn something up. Also just spotted that you are from my home town.:lol:

Last edited:

Ian

Hi
Thanks for all your help guys. I have uninstalled and downloaded the latest version and all is working.
Thanks again, and thanks again pancake for your previous help - unusual to find someone who was born here.

Pancake

To Protect and Serve
iHF Master Craftsman
Security Advisor
unusual to find someone who was born here
I came from Elms Vale Rd. I have a sister in Sheperdswell