1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Dismiss Notice

Malwarebytes Pro / Prem Install

Discussion in 'Virus, Spyware and Malware Removal Help' started by Arctos, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Arctos

Arctos Beware of the Bear... iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

I am in the process of downloading all of my security and general software in preparation for the new notebook.

I have two licences for Malwarebytes, the last time I used it got a load of sh!tty definitions and trashed my tv recording software.

Have the definitions settled down now, as I will keep using Super Spyware which I still have a spare licence for if they still cause problems...

2. Crush

Crush I am admin, ruler of my domain Administrator iHF Master Craftsman

3. Arctos

Hey, I know how to update mate, I want some user feedback on Malwarebytes... :mad:

4. Lord Chance

Lord Chance iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter iHF Veteran Advisor WCG Team Member

I haven't had any problems of late Arctos. Since I use the freeware version of Malwarebytes it is possible I missed the bad update because I only update it before I run it. I almost quit using Malwarebytes when it began flagging programs as PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs) to the extreme. I had to reinstall some programs I knew were safe. I then realized what was happening and started paying closer attention. Now I just set it to alert and quarantine. That way I can back check and restore as need. :)

5. Crush

Crush I am admin, ruler of my domain Administrator iHF Master Craftsman

You can also turn that totally off in settings

6. Arctos

I have just installed Super Anti Spyware Pro again...