• Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

More of a browser question than OS

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I've got a person at work that isn't able to access Dropbox. I've cleared the browser cache, tried 2 other browsers with same result, utilized a restore point, checked certificates (not one found for Dropbox), and removed the cookies for dropbox.com and www.dropbox.com.

Looking for suggestions, as I am out of ideas.

Dropbox_Error.JPG

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
IE, Firefox & Chrome. Will check Flash.

btw, there is no http for Dropbox. It is only https and forces it.

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
M'Lady, Check the java security settings. There is a lot of java happenings on that page. Also the browsers may not be loading the style sheets for the site.
Will do and thank you!

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Sadly, that's a no back to both Crush and LC. I used JavaRa to update to the latest Java and to remove old Java files. Tested, no success. Downloaded latest Flash Player, Tested, no success.

Crush

I am admin, ruler of my domain
Administrator
iHF Master Craftsman
Take this one step further. Are IE security settings governed by GPO?

Set them all to Low in Tools>Options>Security tab. It's pretty clear that some content isn't loading

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I did not mean to lie, but it seems I did. Updating Java did not resolve the issue, however fiddling with the Java Security - as originally suggested by Lord Chance - DID fix the issue.

Many Thanks!

Highlander

The Immortal
iHF Master Craftsman
Advisor
WCG Team Member
LC - everyone has to get lucky sometimes. :rolleyes: Hence the saying, better lucky than good.

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
The Dropbox issue has returned. Altering the Java Security isn't doing it this time. :( Have also followed the instruction at this link without seeing any difference. Issue occurs across all browsers but only on a couple of computers. All company desktops are Windows 7 Pro, all have same or similar software installed. No reason for the issue to foul one computer and not another.

Open to any suggestions.

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Have you tried running IE in compatibility mode. For some reason I am experiencing issues with some web sites similar to yours and have to use compatibility mode to view them properly.
No, but I will. I have pretty much stayed away from IE and been troubleshooting only in Firefox and Chrome.