• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

MP3 Inventory tool 2014-10-04

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
DCiAdmin submitted a new resource:

MP3 Inventory tool - Very basic tool to quickly catalog your MP3 collection - works with all versions of Windows

MP3 Inventory – Certified by my Avast as malware free

Ever wished you had a good inventory of your digital music collection? Are you a karoke DJ that needs a play list for your customer to make their selections? This simple MP3 Inventory tool can do it for you.

There is no installation - just download and double-click the executable file. Once done, you are presented with this screen:...
Read more about this resource...

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Looks a simple way to do it.
Love my music, and have several mp3 and mp4 collections and this spreadsheet below was created with 4 mouse clicks from within media monkey. This spreadsheet file has over 22,400 mp3 listed. I scrunched it up to fit in the pic. You can see the size of the scroll bar on the right. Media Monkey has a small learning curve but well worth it. Depending on the display criteria chosen in the monkey, so will the spreadsheet vary from simple to detailed.

And please, I show this different way as simply that, and not instead of yours,

2014-10-05_175600.jpg

Last edited:

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
I'm grateful for an alternative. I have found a failing in MP3 Inventory. If the file name doesn't include the Artist name (i.e. Beetles - Hard Day's Night) MP3 Inventory won't pick up the folder name for Artist (folder = Beetles, and "Hard Day's Night" is just a song in the folder) . Does Media Monkey get around that?

Last edited:

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
I'm grateful for an alternative. I have found a failing in MP3 Inventory. If the file name doesn't include the Artist name (i.e. Beetles - Hard Day's Night) MP3 Inventory won't pick up the folder name for Artist (folder = Beetles, and "Hard Day's Night" is just a song in the folder) . Does Media Monkey get around that?
If I understand your question properly, then the answer is no, unless you modify the "tag" to reflect artist/song/album/year/genre/etc. Mediamonkey can add/modify/delete tags with ease, either singularly or by batch. What I have done is to have all my music stored in my mp3 folder, as per your example:
Beatles - a hard days night
heres a shot
2014-10-06_101806.jpg

Then use Monkey to build its database from any folder/s you want
2014-10-06_102543.jpg
The title bars can be manipulated almost endlessly meaning you can display your preferred display in a zillion ways
2014-10-06_102842.jpg

and that option list scrolls down another half a page.

I hope I havent made this thread too messy and complex for how it started, Mediamonkey, free and paid for versions, but the free one does all of the above. Oh another advantage of storing your mp3 files as per the first screenshot is that monkey, and lots of other software can automatically search online databases for tags and album art etc.

Probably overkill but the way I do my audio is to
use Pazera audio converter to convert whatever format into mp3
use Audacity to top and tail, and normalise the volume
use Mp3 tag to batch convert before importing into my mp3 folder
get mediamonkey to import the new music to its database.

And as Bear said mediamonkey can catalogue and display almost any audio file type, and the reports can be made in plain statistics, html, xml, csv, excel formats.

Sounds like an add for monkey, but really great software.

Cameldung

I Like It Here
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
Sorry to rabbit on but mediamonkey also syncs direct to my ipod and iphone, very nice. I refuse to have Itunes on my main PC.