• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

No Internet connection on some sites

Hi, I am having crazy issue with my desktop all of a sudden. I use it for my home based business and now I can't work because I can't get online. So I have windows vista and use IE 8 because of my business platform. Also Java is at 7. something. Anyway, tried to go online and the Can't connect to IE came up and my phone was having issues also so I rebooted the router. Phone worked fine but PC still did not. Now I can connect to some websites, but not others. Or if I am able to get to a site, I can not connect to any links or other pages of the site. Any idea what is going on? I would surely appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

Malnutrition

Still Hungry
iHF Master Craftsman
Welcome to IHF.

Does your internet work in safe mode with networking?

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2268
Follow the link above for instruction.

If it does, then please send us the following log:

Please download and save FRST 64bit or FRST 32 bit to your Desktop.

CLICK HERE to determine whether you're running 32-bit or 64-bit for Windows.
  • Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
If your internet does not work in safe mode with networking let us know.

Malnutrition

Still Hungry
iHF Master Craftsman
Any luck with the instructions? Does your machine work normally in safe mode with networking? Or if you bypass the router and plug the ethernet cord directly into the modem?