• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

O&O ShutUp10

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far.
I found this when I was looking for hacks and tweaks for getting rid of the annoying junk that comes with Win 10.

A excellent free tool from O&O, this has lots of new tweaks for the so called "Creators" version of Win 10.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
As much as I dislike Cortana, I would have had a much harder time without when fixing my BiL's PC. Cortana was my only access to the command prompt or to locate exe's on the drive. Repair would have taken much longer without it.

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
As much as I dislike Cortana, I would have had a much harder time without when fixing my BiL's PC. Cortana was my only access to the command prompt or to locate exe's on the drive. Repair would have taken much longer without it.
That is why I carry a flash drive full of stand alone programs M'Lady. As much as MicroSloth wants you to believe Windows 10 is new and improved it is still Windows. The file system hasn't changed that much. ;)

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
That is why I carry a flash drive full of stand alone programs M'Lady. As much as MicroSloth wants you to believe Windows 10 is new and improved it is still Windows. The file system hasn't changed that much. ;)
That's lovely if you're local to the PC. The BiL works odd hours and lives in DSM where I work. His issues tend to occur when I'm home for the day - an hour away. Durned if I'm dashing to his rescue in any way other than remote access. :)

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member
That's lovely if you're local to the PC. The BiL works odd hours and lives in DSM where I work. His issues tend to occur when I'm home for the day - an hour away. Durned if I'm dashing to his rescue in any way other than remote access. :)
That is just it M'Lady. You give him a copy of the flash drive then when you have to remote in the flash drive needs to be active and available so you can remotely use the programs. :)

DCiAdmin

Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
That is just it M'Lady. You give him a copy of the flash drive then when you have to remote in the flash drive needs to be active and available so you can remotely use the programs. :)
A quality idea!

Arctos

Beware of the Bear...
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Claw

iHF Regular
Maybe I'll give it a try one day. I have the Windows Media Creation Tool on a usb stick, and that's what I used on my last reinstall but it comes loaded with everything.