• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to iHelpForum - the place to get help from knowledgeable techs in all areas of Tech, Home and Auto help. Consider checking out our Guides or Registering an account to post on our forums today.

Information P:\ refers to a location that is unavailable

Gallorg

Hi Guys.
I keep getting this error popping up
"P:\ refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location"
The PV is only a couple of weeks old
Thanks

Lord Chance

iHelpForum Jester & Door Greeter
iHF Veteran
Advisor
WCG Team Member

Gallorg

Help,
So I did option 3 from the above link as the other 2 didn't give the options it said,
Any way, I have now lost a completely another external drive which was completely fine
Please help, how do I get that back

Gallorg

So going through the link that LC posted- the message P:\ refers to a location that is unavailable is still popping up
Any ideas?

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Gallorg,

A manual disconnect and remapping of that drive / external might resolve this for you. Do you need assistance completing that?

DCiAdmin

Always room to learn a bit more
Administrator
iHF Legend
WCG Team Member
Gallorg - disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't mess with the data at all. It's strictly a "power off/power on" type of reset of the drive mapping.